33 results in 0.0241 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Eicon
    replied to Which Rod??
    6010 n 7018

using these rods on galvo works great obviously 6010 I know works without any prep of the pipe it has great penitration capibilities, it burns through the galvo imediatly, but the 7018 may need some help. First by taking a wire wheel and grinding off the galvo down to raw...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eicon
    replied to ANDY need help undercut
    undercut solved?

I think I know why I was getting undercut on my tig welds. I thought it was do to High heat, NOPE. I can weld a nice looking 1/2'' bead with 1/8'' filler wire at about 100 AMPS, Quickly that is. I even noticed me concintrating the ARC on surface of pipe instead of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eicon
    started a topic weld codes

weld codes

Does anyone know where I can get a list of Welding Codes? Mainly for Stick welding SMAW and Tig welding GTAW processes. And it's for welding PIPE too.
    See more | Go to post

• Eicon
    started a topic ANDY need help undercut

ANDY need help undercut

I'm Tig welding 2'' coupons carbn steel scd.80 on 6G fixed position. I have a problem with the top of the weld ''cover pass'' or cap. I get undercut '' at outside edge of weld bead ''At about 6:00 to 2:00 I get it and from 6 to 9:00. What can I do to prevent this. I use 1/8'' tungsten at about 70amps...
    See more | Go to post

• Eicon
    replied to SS argon
    Some KIND a joke!

how ya get 4 min?, I understand the geometry 1728...'' but where did the computations come from for the 4 minutes? What if I were welding 3'' or 6'' stainless. And prepurging at 20 CFM
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eicon
    started a topic SS argon

SS argon

When welding stainless steel what formula is used to determine how long to ''Prepurge'' the pipe to be welded. Say you have a 4'' inch. pipe SS schd. 40, and 20'foot long, how would you know when the argon pushed out all the oxygen and when its ok to weld?
    See more | Go to post

• Eicon
    started a topic tIG cup sizes

tIG cup sizes

I'm learning how to Tig weld mainly PIPE. When tig welding I'm not to sure what determines cup size. I do know if your using say 1/8'' tungsten then the cup inside diameter should be atleast three times that of tungsten diameter so 1/8''x3=3/8''. But is there something other than this rule?
    See more | Go to post

• Eicon
    started a topic SS tungsten?

SS tungsten?

anyone know which tungsten to use when welding stainless steel?
    See more | Go to post

• Eicon
    started a topic Tig Nfo and ?

Tig Nfo and ?

Is stick welding ''electrode selection'' the same for filler rod selection is to Tiging. I found in a stick welding manual that the rule is ''Select an electrode with a diameter that is about one half the thickness of the plate to be welded.'' So is'nt this true about filler rod? ANYONE ANYBODY? ...
    See more | Go to post

• Eicon
    replied to TIG filler wire size?
    check this

THANKS! But... I noticed NORHERNLIGHTS indicated 3/16'' material requires 1/8'' filler wire and 1/4'' material use 3/32'' filler wire. Is this correct, use the smaller filler wire for the thicker material being welded? I would think just the opposite.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eicon
    started a topic TIG filler wire size?

TIG filler wire size?

Is there a rule of thumb when selecting the size of filler wire to use. Lets say I'm Tig welding 2'' sch.40 carbon pipe, it's about 1/4'' thick. What determines the size of the filler wire. 1/8'' wire or 3/32'' wire? Is it the root gap?
    See more | Go to post

• Eicon
    replied to Plate Welding/back n strip
    open butt?

4 your nfo yes it is open butt but with the backing type and a typical weld for IRON WORKERS which I found out. No it's not the open butt like butt weld pipe but same bevel same land or no land, feather and yes 1/8'' or 5/16'' root gap. I'm not an Iron worker but they use the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eicon
    replied to Plate Welding/back n strip
    I'm using 7018 stick and its SMAW and its 7018 root all the way out. I'm just not sure if the overhead weld test is three passes until flush and caped or just root then stringers?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Eicon
    started a topic Plate Welding/back n strip

Plate Welding/back n strip

I'm not sure how to setup for welding carbon steel 6''x6'' plate with a BackUp Strip. Not sure the procedure on welding it either, any clues, it's 3/8'' plate with a backing strip. Weld is done vertical open butt and also overhead open butt. What angle of degree bevel should there be and what type...
    See more | Go to post

• Eicon
    replied to gas lens?
    gas lens

I think the gas lens is primarily usefull to Filter out any obstructions entering the torch which in turn contaminates the weld. Lenses are usefull when making critical welds or Xrays.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X