No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
53 results in 0.0283 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• In case that google translation wasn't clear, solopripro has offered to send detailed plans to anyone who's interested....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    replied to Evolution Cold saw
    Does anyone know if there is a difference between the Evo 230X and 230HDX? I get the impression 230HDX and Steelsaw 5 are newer designations, but is the actual saw design any newer/better? or more to the point, is it worth paying more for?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Got a contingency on financing? You'll not likely get a loan with no job, so that should give you an out without losing your deposit.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• There is indeed an evening TIG class offered in the fall at ARC. Glad to hear you like the program there. Unfortunately, due to my wierd work schedule, I'd likely miss half of the lectures. Not sure how well that would go over with the instructor (listed as E. Cano). Might have to give a call and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    replied to Estantería Cantilever
    Actually, "Native" Americans were immigrants at one time too, albeit an earlier time. The question isn't are you an immigrant but when did you or your ancestors come to this land? But since you brought up "red skins", don't forget that most Mexicans (and other Latin Americans)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    started a topic welding instruction in sacramento

welding instruction in sacramento

Recently I both literally and figuratively dusted off my welder. I was never a particularly skilled welder, but whatever skill I used to have has faded with neglect. Can anyone recommend a CC class/instructor in the Sacramento area where I might be able to get work on my tig skills? Slim chance I...
    See more | Go to post

• Hobbyist
    replied to Estantería Cantilever
    Your choice of words suggests a bias. The evidence indicates the OP came to the site to exchange knowledge. But maybe your agenda is better served by casting him as a freeloader.

Hope you have more of that praise left for me

Glad to see you're at least...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    replied to need help welding Al wire
    thanks Andy. I was indeed using a 3/32 tungsten. I'll try changing the start current and time too.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    started a topic need help welding Al wire

need help welding Al wire

For no good reason, I'm trying to weld rings out of 1/16 4043. So far, I'm having no luck. I'm using a dyn 200dx with the power turned all the way down, pulsing it (don't remember the pulse specifics, but I've played with various settings). As soon as I make a spark the whole piece of wire melts...
    See more | Go to post

• Hobbyist
    replied to Need help with tig on Al
    Hawk,

Thanks for the comments. I was using 1/16 filler already, but I'll try switching to 1/16 tungsten too. And I'll try turning down the heat. At least I wasn't doing everything wrong. I'll try to get some pics posted too.

A question about flattening the tungsten:...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    started a topic Need help with tig on Al

Need help with tig on Al

I'm having trouble welding aluminum with my dynasty 200dx. It seems like the whole thing just wants to melt into a lump. I've got some 1" square tube I'm playing with. The wall is about 1/16". Probably 6061 but I'm not positive. Filler is 1/16" 4043. I've tried butt joints but mainly...
    See more | Go to post

• Hobbyist
    replied to Machine Security
    INTP,

Looks like we had the same idea at the same time.

I don't think resourceful weldors are the main problem here; they have other ways of aquiring welders.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    replied to Machine Security
    Another idea for implementing a security code:

Any time the machine is disconnected from power, require the code be reentered. I believe some car audio equipment works this way. It takes a pretty enterprising thief to maintain power to the equipment while stealing it. But for the typical...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    replied to dynasty 200dx trouble
    Finally got a chance to weld a little last night and it worked fine. So I haven't tried your recommendations yet Hawk. Next time it acts up I will.

I have confirmed that if I have a really bad ground it behaves the same. But when I'm trying to create the problem intentionally, I have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hobbyist
    replied to dynasty 200dx trouble
    Superstitiously ground my tungsten again and it's been working flawlessly since. Can it really be that sensitive to the condition of the tungsten that it won't run at all if the tungsten isn't just so? I'm not expecting perfection with the grinding technology I'm applying, but I am expecting an arc....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X