Collapse
203 results in 0.0592 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• enlpck
    replied to Smith flow tube needed
    In my experience, the tube is cheap and fairly easy to replace. We get them from out Miller distributor locally (same parent company). One gets broken once or twice a year. Takes a couple says to show up. A heck of a lot cheaper than replacing the unit, and a bit cheaper than replacing with a gauge...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied to Very expensive gas
    It's used for a variety of things. It is an isotope of hydrogen with a single neutron. Most hydrogen (much more than 99%) has no neutron in the nucleus-- only a proton. Deuterium is chemically the same (in most processes) as normal hydrogen, but can be identified by the greater weight of the atom, usually...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied to Finding 220 in the field
    These are already marketed. I don't recall the manufacturer. Safety features, as best as I can recall, include GFCI that cuts both hots, circuit to prevent energizing the output if the inputs are on the same phase, and circuitry to insure that if one input is disconnected (loss of cord, dropped plug,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How's about first recert in 1919? (last on there is 2006)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied to Tetanius shots
    The doctor in question recently lost his license because he pretty much faked the data for the research in question. No one has been able to replicate his claims (it's been nearly 15 years) since it was first published. It turns out the guy was in the middle of patenting his own vaccine at the time,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• As a general rule for stick, DC up to about 250 or 300 amps. The exception is when you need to control arc blow.

Arc blow occurs when magnetic fields (either from the material condition itself or from the welding current, pull the arc. It can prevent making a good weld, as it may make...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Without having looked at one closely, I'll bet that you aren't too far off on the general design, but I'd bet that there is either a little more to it internally, or there is a control circuit that handles the field. If properly designed, good, stable control can be had without a large external ballast...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied to Welding with One hand
    Learning to weld with one hand is useful, but NOT so you can hang on while welding. If you are hanging on with one hand while welding with the other, you are going to hit the pavement sooner or later. It is useful while fitting up (support a piece while tacking) and when in a tight space, and so on....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• If he pays cash, do your costs go down? Probably not. Some guys I have dealt with discount a little for cash because they know it's good, whereas a check might bounce, and a few discount for cash because they play games with taxes and insurance, but for the most part, none of the honest ones will discount...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied to At what point is big "too big"?
    Not if he can't perform the job.

If the job would involve ladder work, tight spaces, position work, and so on, that he couldn't do, or situations where the weight would be a health or safety risk, then he is not capable of performing the job.

If there ever were an issue,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied to twic card?
    The card is federal (homeland security) and is not site specific.

They are required for entry to ports, and for entry to many refineries, rail access points, some airports, some power plants, and some other places. It is the catch-all for transportation points not covered by other credentials,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied to twic card?
    I had to get mine when they first started issuing them, and it was a pain.

Now, we send guys over, and as long as they have all of the documentation, in and out in 15min, and the cards are in in a week to six weeks. The time seems to depend on a lot of things. The former military guys...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied to whip question
    This is considered bad practice, but most people do it.

It keeps the weight of the cable off the end of your arm and reduces the risk of hanging up the cable in the middle of a weld, making smooth motion easier.

I think the concerns are electric shock from cracked insulation...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• enlpck
    replied to How are all-clad pots made?
    I doubt you'll get a sucessful weld without damaging the bond between the aluminum and the stainless so if it doesn't need to be sanitary, I'd second drill and tap for a standard threaded fitting.

If it needs to meet sanitary requirements, but doesn't need to be flush on the inside, I'd...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Believe it or not, Sears has the best deal i've found.

I don't think they are still rebadging Fluke's (Man, was that a nice time. Fluke 80 series for less than $100? Even had fluke and the right part numbers inside), but the low end DC capable clamp on is well under $100 (as of a couple...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X