Collapse
24 results in 0.0111 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Aeroweld
    replied to Tungsten type
    What machine were you using? Transformer or Inverter?

I've always used 2% Thoriated for everything on my Dialarc HF and with customers Syncrowaves. DC or AC. I prefer 2% for aluminum as the ball will stay smaller and it is easier to control the arc. I also have a Maxstar 150STL. That...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aeroweld
    replied to Aluminium tig problems
    A couple few comments and observations.

Do you know the grade of aluminum you are using? It almost looks like it is 7075 or maybe 2024 or it is an anodized aluminum. Still useful for practice but it won't melt the same nor give the visual clarity or crispness of the puddle as say 6061 material...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Aeroweld; 10-19-2021, 05:23 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Here is a set of custom rails I built a few years ago. The "architecturals" were from King. Good people to deal with....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• That is correct. No foot pedel capability with the AEAD. For DC TIG you have to manually set the amperage you are going to weld at before you start the weld.

While the machine does have AC output for welding, you will still need an add on high frequency unit to do aluminum.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aeroweld
    replied to Dialarc HF-p
    I have used my S-32s Miller feeder with my Dial-Arc 250HF a couple of times. I have never used solid wire with it but instead one of the Hobart Dual Shield wires. With the maching being CC only you will not be able to short circuit MIG weld so you will be limited to thicker material.
    My advice...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aeroweld
    replied to No room for a hood
    I know exactly what you are facing with the job. I used to work for a company that did lift/air axle installations. We would usually have to add additional frame to the trailer to install the axle(s). We were generally working with "new" as opposed to doing a repair. About the only way...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aeroweld
    replied to No room for a hood
    Put a #10 lens in your cutting goggles then tape a rag around the the lower half or the goggles to protect your face. Wear a welders skull cap that comes down to the top of the goggles. Poormans leather hood.

Tried to upload a couple of photos of the set-up I've used a couple of times...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Not worth it to me. When I discovered mine was a 460v model I looked at the parts manual considered the parts needed to convert it. I figured a conversion would be in the $250-300 range....at least. So then I would have used, AC output only, Thunderbolt with $300-350 invested in a machine I could...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Aeroweld; 09-06-2008, 11:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Hi Duane, Yes, you are correct it is a 1 phase machine. Typo on my part. Thanks for the part number. I have to order some Miller parts next week and just might see if that coil is avalable and the cost.
    It is low priority. I only bought the machine as it could be used to power my HF251 Hi-Freq...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aeroweld
    replied to Abrasive Cut off saw Advice
    For accurate shop work they can't be beat. But kind of bulky to take out to a construction site. Portability the only reason I bought a fiber blade chopsaw....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aeroweld
    replied to tig welds??
    Did you just put on a "fresh" bottle of gas? If so it could be contaminated Argon or maybe a mix bottle by accident or mislabeled.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've got a Thunderbolt 460v 3phase available for $50.00 plus shipping if you really have to have one. I bought this thing at an auction and never thought to look at the input voltage. Silly me! Who would have thunk that a small welder like that was 460v. Looking at the parts list it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Aeroweld
    replied to Dialarc HF-p
    Nothng at all wrong with a Dial Arc HF for TIG welding. Great machine. I've had mine for about 27 years and still use it daily. They are also a good machine to learn TIG. As Cwagner alluded to...you can't adjust yourself out of the ballpark. Personally I think you would be a better welder if you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mine is the Miller HF251. Although i am not familier with it I suppose the Lincoln box would also work on the AEAD. All you are doing to feed the HF box is supplying weld current and a source of 110v power....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My first engine drive was an AEAD. It came with a High-Freq box and I used it as a main portableTIG machine for 4-5 years until I bought my TB 250. As someone mentioned the only real problem is lack of remotes.
    I had a number of years TIG experiance at the time so it was not a real big...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X