Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Ogier
    started a topic Voltage Drop issues :: Millermatic 251

Voltage Drop issues :: Millermatic 251

Greetings all,

It has been a while since I was on last and for the most part, I am doing well with a growing business.

When I first bought the MM251 about 6 months ago, I wired up a breaker in the box in my garage to an outlet about six inches below it and built an extention...
    See more | Go to post

• Ogier
    started a topic New toy

New toy

Greetings all,

Well, I got another new toy. I stepped up for the Miller 251 Mig with the spoolgun. wheeeee!!!

Finally, I can accept all the aluminum welding jobs I have been turning away.

Here is a pic of it in my shop.

http://www.o...
    See more | Go to post

• Ogier
    started a topic Complaint

Complaint

Greetings all,

I have the Maxstar 200 and it seems to suit my needs pretty well. I just got back from my local dealer with my foot controller and have a complaint that I would appreciate being passed on to the powers that be at Miller.

Who is the genius that put such...
    See more | Go to post

• Ogier
    started a topic Which Model?

Which Model?

Greetings,

I am now in the market for a new Mig welder. I would like to be able to weld up to 1/2" comfortably and have the ability to add a spool gun.

I seem to be getting more and more basic fabrication jobs coming in and the Tig is not really suited to that as...
    See more | Go to post

• Ogier
    started a topic Welding bearing Bronze???

Welding bearing Bronze???

Greetings all,

Will a Maxstar 200 weld Bronze??? If not, what will???

Thanks in advance
    Ogier
    See more | Go to post

• Ogier
    replied to Which MIG?
    I already have a welding cart made with room for the cylinders. It has the Maxstar 200 on the top shelf(I will put the coolmate up there as well) and I left room on the bottom shelf for the MIG.

I am thinking that I may extend the back out a bit and put my OA setup on the cart as well....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ogier
    started a topic Which MIG?

Which MIG?

Greetings all,

Well, we just about have the TIG all paid off so it is time to start looking at a MIG to go along with it.

I am thinking of the Millermatic 251 with a spoolgun for Aluminum. Also, I think I will be getting a coolmate 4 for the TIG. I am getting tired of...
    See more | Go to post

• Ogier
    started a topic Metalurgical question

Metalurgical question

Greetings all,

I am going to be using some 1/4" W1200 steel round stock for a project. I want to use my Tig welder to do the welding. In the past, this was welded with a torch. When done with a mig, the metal chrystalized and broke at the welds.

Will I experience more...
    See more | Go to post

• Ogier
    replied to Maxtar 150 sth
    Greetigns,

I was going to buy the Maxstar 150. However, after talking to the folks here, I decided to spring for the 200 instead and don't regret it a bit.

Just my $.02
    Ogier
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ogier
    started a topic Water Cooling

Water Cooling

Greetings all,

Ok, now I have had the Maxstar 200 for a little over a month and I kinda wish I had stepped up for the Dynasty 200 instead. Oh well. live and learn. My bad.

When I bought the welder, I ordered it with the air cooled torch kit to get started. Now, I am thinking...
    See more | Go to post

• Ogier
    replied to Welding with Oxygen/Acetylene
    Actually, Yes, welding with a torch is very similar to welding with a Tig. It just takes longer. The nice thing is that you can't screw up the electrode by accidently dipping it into the metal.

Personally, I think that the torch is still a very viable option for welding and still use...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ogier
    replied to Miller Road Show
    The crystalization on the backside of the welds is from too much heat and going too fast.

No, I didn't get the plasma cutter that I wanted. The price wasn't what I could afford at this time. Oh well..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ogier
    replied to Miller Road Show
    Well, I came, I saw, I welded....

The road show was great. I was able to get some very hard questions answered regarding the Maxstar and some of the features. Also, I figured out what was causing the crystalization on the backs of my welds as well.

Hats off to the Miller...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ogier
    replied to Maxstar DX 200 or Dynasty 200
    I have the Maxstar and it meets my needs well. But then, I don't do aluminum...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ogier
    started a topic Miller Road Show

Miller Road Show

Greetings all,

Well, tomorrow the Miller Road Show will be at my local welding shop and I can't hardly wait. I get to see all the cool toys.

Is there a place on the Miller website that has the MRS schedule????

I am hoping to pickup a plasma cutter. ...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X