15 results in 0.0105 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• mlicoasty
    started a topic Spectrum 2050

Spectrum 2050

I got a Spectrum 2050 plasma cutter. For some reason it won't work. All I am getting is the pilot then it just cuts out. I can't get any spark. The torch has never been used and I have a new air compressor system with oil and water seperators at the regulator. If anybody has any ideas please let...
    See more | Go to post

• mlicoasty
    replied to Dynasty dx
    Cyberweld ships to Canada, and they are very reasonable on price
    www.cyberweld.com

Mark
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mlicoasty
    replied to Dynasty dx
    I love my Dynasty. Have you thought about buying it online? I bought mine at cyberweld.com. They were by far the cheapest and I had it in my hands within two days. Great customer service and they have a lot of stuff on hand. I only go to my local welding shop for gas, rods and repairs.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mlicoasty
    replied to neophyte welder
    Well

I'm one of those lefties and when Tigging I use the torch in my right hand and fill with my Left hand

Mark
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mlicoasty
    replied to which spoolgun
    The spoolmatic 30a hooks right up to the mm251 and I think you have to buy the sga control for the 3545 to work. I personally would go for the 30a because that's a lot of welds on a boat, besides the performance is much better and it's a plug and play item.

DC1 Sperry
    USCG
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mlicoasty
    replied to TIG Hand Controls?
    GTA/SPEC
    I have quite a few machines. Lets start with the shop syncrowave 350lx tigrunner, mm250x, spectrum, 2050 plasma cutter, esab plasma currently OOC, spoolmatic 30a, a couple mm135. On the truck I have a TB 301g, Dynasty 200, spoolmatic 30a, and a spectrum 625.

The problem...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mlicoasty
    started a topic TIG Hand Controls?

TIG Hand Controls?

Hi all,

I'm looking for a small hand control to use on my TIG torch. I have a couple of different Miller controls, but they seem to be a little too bulky for using in the tight spaces I have to get into. ie. Boat bilges and fuel tanks. Does anyone know of a company that makes hand...
    See more | Go to post

• What about using a dremel tool to clean up the edges? I love mine. I use it on everything.

Mark
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mlicoasty
    replied to Welding reference books
    Being a Damage Controlman in the Coast Guard, I get to do alot of welding. The Coast Guard started using a civilian welding manual that is fairly complete. It is Modern Welding, and it is published by the goodheart-willcox company. I have found that it is a very good reference on technique, and it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mlicoasty
    replied to 9000x Speedglass vs Elite
    I don't have a big window eite but I have been using the 9000x for a couple of years and I love it. Works great in all the applications I use. I've heard nothing but good things about the bug window, so you got a tough decision.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have to say that I love my speedglass 9000x. The best thing is that all the controls are on the inside, so no little knob to break off when I'm trying to jam my big ole nugget of a head into the bilge of one of these tiny little Coast Guard boats that I work on all day
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mlicoasty
    replied to chop saw VS band saw
    Yes there is a stand made for the Milwaukee portable band saw. I have one for my porta-band saw. I bought mine through Grainger, but I'm sure you can find them elsewhere cheaper.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• You might try and check out Porter Cable. They have a portable dry cut saw that is designed like a circular saw. Another option is to make the cuts on a band saw. You could angle the table and use the miter guage at whatever angle. This will get you a nice compound angle.

Mark
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• mlicoasty
    replied to Welding table
    One thing you might try to clean your table are sanding wheels for your grinder. I find that they really create a nice smooth bare metal finish. I use them all the time and I love them. They will take all the rust right off. Try and keep chemicals off of your table because they might get in and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I just bought Quick connects for my shop. The company that makes them is Western Enterprises. I got them from my local welding supply dealer. He had to order them and it took about a week to get them
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X