Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• nnn0rau
    replied to Miller price increase??
    dynamite pistola

Bob,

I couldn't use bulleye because with my setup, I couldn't get the super-tight 1" groups that I required from-a-rest to overcome the quick off-hand "out-of-position"(s) I found myself in... Been so long tho, I don't remember what I used....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    Ot,

Bob,
    I have a home brew custom Colt... I had too... cause the original blew-up in my hands ;-) ten #'s of power in a 5# bucket. Was interuppted reloading while developing "a new wimp round!!!" Used to spend 1000 rds a week with a Cooper-special, 200 grain lead...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    Question for Bob Sigmon

Like your auto.
    Do you shoot IPSC?
    I used to shoot tactical with the locals and a few state boys.
    Jus'curious!
    ;-)
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    Jus' thoughts

price increases... A way of life, yes. That's why I am trying to update all of my larger toys now... before I formally retire. Look at home & property values... ouch! A year & a half ago, we just built a new home. The mortgage payments w/escrow are $800/month....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    replied to plasma cutter
    Pick up a almost new 6 amp sawzall and two packages (5 each) of some Milwaukee bi-metal blades in a nice handmade oak case at an auction Saturday for $55. Used it yesterday for the first time - tis very nice. My next purchase will be the portaband. The Northern Catalog (used for benchmarking) shows...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    replied to plasma cutter
    Fun4Now, OldNavy,

THANK YOU!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    replied to plasma cutter
    Fun4Now, OldNavy,

Do you recommend any particular blade for the sawzall???
    For rusty stuff, seems like an ideal solution for some of my projects as well.
    thx
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    replied to plasma cutter
    Best wishes with your decision... It'll work if your not in-a-hurry.
    A decent chop saw may be another consideration.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    replied to plasma cutter
    yes... it'll work IF you take it VERY slow and easy and your tip is in decent shape... 3/16 is toward the max side of this unit. I only use my 125 for precision work. Most of my cutting with it is with 10, 16 or 18 gauge etc. Have a very nice O2/fuel torch for the larger stuff. If 3/16 or larger...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    replied to plasma cutter
    Tommyd.
    Same duty cycle, uses 1/2 the amps (per leg). Slightly heavier unit tho... Being portable is its greatest asset. I may or may not be correct but, I've always envisioned an item running on 220/240 running cooler or more efficient that same item running on 110/120. If I had this unit...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    replied to Navy Nuclear
    "those submariners are a different breed of cat"
    (requires a very "adaptable" psy profile)
    I'll agree - spent 2 yrs on one... stationed out of Guam. The new 'boats' are much larger than those used in the 60's & 70's. They do eat well !!! I'm sure he'll fit......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    replied to plasma cutter
    I have the 230V CE model of the Spectrum 125. It is based upon the Canandian Electrical Code (?) 50 or 60 hz... Got it from IOC. All I have is 240 in the shed... Bought it because I needed small & PORTABLE unit for sheetmetal. It also keeps it from being borrowed!!! ;-) ;-) ;-) I have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• nnn0rau
    replied to Newbie here
    Hi Greg,
    I love my MM175, lots of fun!!! Regarding the lease, I own my (6) bottles. Around here (Southern MI) they (sized at 120ish) are now (price went up) about 179 (w/tax) and the first fill is also free. With the receipt (I laminate them), I can take them anywhere to be filled. I'm not...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wst

Wire speed tracking... (Voltage/Speed tracking is tied together)
    takes some getting use to but, when you get it - no big deal.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Ditto what Cope stated... Hobart/Miller have great support. I know someone with issues with Red and, they still are unresolved. I'm told the Red is a good unit but, I went with Blue. Everyone I know who has Hobart/Miller have been VERY happy... Miller's WST are issues for some. Learning curves...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X