12 results in 0.0072 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Mtbj
    started a topic welding 3/8" aluminum channel

welding 3/8" aluminum channel

I have a job coming up where I have to weld some 3" X 1.5" aluminum channel. I have a dynasty 200 and have both argon and argon helium 25/75 tanks.

I know I can do the job if I use 1/4" channel. I'd like to use 3/8" channel but I have never tried welding it before and...
    See more | Go to post

• aluminum alloy / temper chart or book.

I'm pretty good with filler metals. What I'm never sure of is what alloys are better for bending and which are better for structures. I'll check out the Alcoa handbook.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mtbj
    started a topic aluminum alloy / temper chart or book.

aluminum alloy / temper chart or book.

Does anyone know if there is a book or chart that will detail the properties of all the different aluminum alloys with all the t designations? Properties I am looking for are things like bendability, strength etc.

If the book has all the metals and not just aluminum even better.
    See more | Go to post

• Mtbj
    replied to fuel tank
    fuel tank

I was thinking of using 5052 sheet with 5356 filler metal. Any suggestions?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mtbj
    replied to fuel tank
    fuel tank

It's a small outboard for a canoe. When it is removed for transport the vent must be closed so the fuel won't spill.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mtbj
    started a topic fuel tank

fuel tank

I'm going to fab a fuel tank for a small outboard engine. I am trying to find a weldable filler neck and cap. Cap needs to have a vent that can be shut off. Any suggestions on where to purchase.

Also any tips on what kind of aluminum and filler would be best. I'm thinking of using 1/8"...
    See more | Go to post

• Mtbj
    started a topic welding ford e250 exhaust pipe.

welding ford e250 exhaust pipe.

I need to cut out and replace a piece of exhaust pipe on a ford e250 van. Is the tubing galvanized or aluminized. What is the proper prep required. Also I will be tig welding it. What kind of filler rod should I use. Is there anything I should do after welding such as coating it with something to avoid...
    See more | Go to post

• Mtbj
    replied to hydraulic cylinder repair.
    hydraulic cylinder repair.

I'm not certain if it is leaking. I am imagining that it is and that's why they want me to fill it. They are just bringing me the cylinder. It has been disassembled. I have not seen it myself yet. I was just looking for some tips so I can do a good job.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mtbj
    started a topic hydraulic cylinder repair.

hydraulic cylinder repair.

Is there anything special that needs to be done to fill in a chromed hydraulic cylinder. It is about 3" in diameter. It has a big gouge in it that I need to repair.

I plan on tig welding it with a dynasty 200. What filler rod should I use? Also should it be pre and or post heated?
    See more | Go to post

• Mtbj
    replied to Aluminium Dirt Bike Stand
    Aluminium Dirt Bike Stand

How did you bend the square tube?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• problems welding after plasma cut.

I tried the burr on aluminum and it worked perfect.

I tried grinding on stainless after plasma but still welds bad.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Mtbj
    started a topic problems welding after plasma cut.

problems welding after plasma cut.

Anyone ever had problems welding material that has been cut with a plasma. I'm having problems tig welding outside corners on aluminum that has been cut with a plasma. I file off the edge and then hit it with a stainless brush. When I try to weld it its almost like trying to weld cast aluminum. When...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X