Collapse
101 results in 0.0419 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• cnslmva
    replied to Wire for Sale
    I'll work with you on the price and shipping!! Really need to get this wire out of the garage, had to give up my other equipment in a divorce, don't have a need for it anymore. Figured one of you guys could put it to a good use.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    started a topic Wire for Sale

Wire for Sale

Hey guys, I know this isn't really the right place for it, but I have a few 33 lb. spools of Lincoln Ultracore 71A85 1/16" Dualshield wire, E71T-1M-H8, E71T-9M-H8 for sale. $45 a spool!!
    See more | Go to post

• cnslmva
    replied to Sharpened stick electrode?
    Ohhhh, the "chinese TIG welding method" works great for thin stuff and the monster gaps........LOL

Just had to put my thoughts on it in here. Had an "old school" guy teach me that trick years ago and it's still the easiest way sometimes.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    replied to help ! cracked boom
    Daniel, it was 5 years ago that I did that job, trying to recal the exact spec of steel. Think it was A572 Gr 50 or Gr 55 for all of the pieces. The original bosses were reused and align bored as needed. We used Lincoln's Ultracore 75A85 wire in 1/16" for all welds. As far as I know, 5 years later...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    Daniel, the main reason for doing the repair the way we did is that we used the materials speced by the factory, and we removed the damaged sections from weld to weld so the boom would behave as designed (flexing and such), the repair pieces were bent to fit on a brake and the rest were cut using a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    Last ones...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    And more...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    A few more...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    Some pics would definately be nice.....while working for the local John Deere dealership I had the opportunity to make several repairs on excavators and such, we used 1/16 Lincoln 75A85 Ultracore with excellent results. I would gouge the cracks 100% and preheat to drive out the moisture, 7018 would...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by cnslmva; 03-30-2011, 08:36 PM.

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    replied to X ray
    byrdman, I've taken several of both, the best advice I could give anybody is to clean, clean, and clean! Along with feathering your tacks to ensure a good tie in. IMO, a bend test can be the harder of the two as the xray allows for some imperfections where the bend will open up if there is a spot on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    replied to S-32p
    I had both before, the S32P is a great feeder. Set the TB to "CV" (or to "VS" Mig welding, not sure what the new TB's have as mine was an older 250G), and set the feeder to "CV" (there is a switch inside the feeder), then have fun!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    replied to Help syn350 stick?
    Double check your connections, and make sure the remote is turned off.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    replied to Tig noob with a few questions
    The XMT's are great TIG machines for carbon steel and the such. No it doesn't have AC output for aluminum welding. We use them every day in the nuclear power industry for welds on carbon steel, chrome steels, stainless steels, and pretty much everything else (you don't see much aluminum here). The XMT...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    replied to A359 pipe?
    Donald, the "SA" designation has nothing to do with the metal being stainless, it is the ASME code. "A" is the ASTM code. For example SA/A106 pipe is carbon steel pipe meeting both ASME and ASTM code requirements.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• cnslmva
    replied to 9018 B3L Stick Rod
    P22 pipe, I've seen alot of it in powerhouses on steam piping.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X