Collapse
13 results in 0.0117 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Travis Beste
    replied to stick welder with dyn200
    I've burned a few rods with my D200DX and it seemed to do a very nice job. The arc is considerably different than that of my antique lincoln buzzbox. I much prefer the Dynasty's arc. I must have become and addict of the "inverter" arc already.

Travis
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Travis Beste
    replied to Where is everyone from?
    If loaning my shop out helps others out and I learn a few tricks along the way I'm all for it. Looks like we have quite the cross section of people on here!!!

See my post above for my plan of attack on the mill motor.

Travis...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Travis Beste
    Awesome- This is what I was hoping for!!!!

No size in particular, just wanting to learn some ins and outs of the equipment/procedure.

Ultimately I'd like to build a motorcycle frame, using 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 .095 wall 4130 tubing.

If you have the equipment...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Travis Beste
    Went to the local motor shop today after work. I talked to them about my options, static converter, rotary converter, frequency/inverter drive, rebuilding the motor as 3 phase, or finding/fabricating a 1ph motor to work. After reviewing my options and looking at how the current setup is designed I'm...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Travis Beste
    started a topic Where is everyone from?

Where is everyone from?

Hopefully this is within the scope of this forum, if not I apologize and will delete this message- I'm just curious as to if anyone on here is from my area, and if there are maybe we can share tools Might be nice for those tools you only need once in great while and can't justify buying, but could...
    See more | Go to post

• Is the Western QDB-34 the part number needed to connect the gas line on a Dynasty 200DX? I ASSume it is, seeing as how Argon is an inert gas, and it is listed as being used to connect a line to the machine.

I too have been searching for something like this as I like to put stuff away...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Travis Beste
    replied to Bad Miller Dealers
    Sorry for bringing up the beaten horse

As a follow up to my earlier rant-

I needed a few supplies so I ended up driving on down to the distributor that I had a negative first experience with that I complained about earlier. I actually got to put a face with the voice I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'd say it isn't supposed to do it. I, also new to the Dynasty 200DX(got it Monday night) noticed that it only pops when I get the tungsten into the puddle. I did it a few times at first, but I'm getting better now.

Also, take HAWKs advice and get some 1/16" 5356 AL filler if you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• SWEET!!!! Emailed BR Welder and got my tracking numbers within an hour of sending the email. They are on schedule and should be delivered on Friday. I called and I'm picking up the gas on Friday after work as well. I'm really getting excited now!

Travis
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Travis Beste
    replied to Bad Miller Dealers
    I hear ya JWELD!!!!! I just went through this yesterday afternoon. I was calling around locally to compare prices against BR Welder and IOC. I knew full well before I started calling that they probably couldn't touch the prices I had gathered from online, but I was more than willing to give them...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks guys for the tips. I'm really getting excited and the UPS man is still a couple days away

Good thing I only bought a pound each of the fillers. I don't have alot of money tied up in them. I'll definately take the advice of you experienced folks and go to a 1/16" in all...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This helps very much. I was pretty sure I didn't want 75/25 as that has CO2 which is bad news for TIG. I was pretty sure that straight argon was what I wanted, but I had seen others(mainly HAWK) talk about varying the % of He, so there was a thought in my mind that it was an Ar/He mix all the time...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Travis Beste
    started a topic New to TIG, need suggestions

New to TIG, need suggestions

Hi guys, just ordered myself a Dynasty 200DX, foot contractor kit, and a Big Window Elite helmet. Hopefully it will be here the end of this week. I ended up ordering online due to a local distributor treating me like crap. I got off the phone and was flat out pissed at the way I was treated. Called...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X