Collapse
9 results in 0.0136 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• RDicewelder
    replied to Spray?
    thanks for the advice i will be trying this this afternoon ill get back to state my results
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RDicewelder
    started a topic Spray?

Spray?

I have a miller 250mp mig welder. I was wondering if there was any way to set this machine up for spray transfer. I have ben told this is not possiable due to the fact that it does not have an adjustable slope. I have a miller roughneck 500amp torch on it so the heat output is not really an issue.
    See more | Go to post

• RDicewelder
    replied to to point or not to point
    i have been taught that the longer the taper on the tungston electrode the less likely the arc is to jump off the sides to the work. This is useful in very thin fillet welds. I was also using a 1/8 ZURTUNG on 1/2 aluminum on a Thermalarc 300 and found that a more blunt end would keep its shape better....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sounds GREAT. So the people at this company will give out up to 4 tungstons at a time to ANYONE? Is there any obligation attached?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RDicewelder
    replied to welding hood
    i had the hood stored in a heated area kept at room temperature. It was up on a top shelf in a nice dirtbike helmet bag. Tommorow i will put it in a window in direct sunlight for the whole day. Anyone know where the battery would be on this type of hood?
    well im off to try to reset it, my neck...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RDicewelder
    started a topic welding hood

welding hood

i just wanted to ask some peoples opinion before i go and humiliate myself at my local welding shop: i bought a miller type "Hobart Hood" auto darkening adjustable shade welding hood back in december. I whent and got it out of storage a couple of weeks ago and the auto darkening lense would...
    See more | Go to post

• i was in a situation where i was practing ac tig on some 16 gauge 4043 aluminum and was making the welds come out sooo nice. I grabbed some scrap anodized 4043 tubing, about 1/4" thick, and tried it out. i had an accurate amperage setting but i could not make it look like i could with the non anodized....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RDicewelder
    replied to Tig Welding Aluminum
    Thank you both for your replies. I am going to take this all into account and im sure taht i will get ther results that i want
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RDicewelder
    started a topic Tig Welding Aluminum

Tig Welding Aluminum

I am a student at my local techinical schools welding shop. I have been practicing Ac tig for a week strait and i have a few questions. I am practicing with strips of 1.5" by 6" 4043 alum. and have ben using a puls tig machine. (with the pulse on high) This was not a miller machine, and i...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X