6 results in 0.0084 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• shaky_jake
    started a topic More 'luminum progress

More 'luminum progress

Hey folks - been a little scarce on the board, but I've been able to get some more practice with my Dynasty 200 DX. I've mounted C5 corvette mirrors on my '68 Chevy pickup and had to make my own bases out of aluminum. On the driver's side, before I had the welder, I pop-riveted a piece into place...
    See more | Go to post

• shaky_jake
    replied to I are a luminum welder!
    Just a quick update - the scraps I was practicing on are actually .0625" (1/16). Duh, no wonder I was too hot using the settings for 1/8". Anybody got a ballpark setting recommendation? Are amperage settings linear, i.e. should I cut it down to ~60A from the 120A I'm at now?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shaky_jake
    replied to I are a luminum welder!
    Thanks for the compliments, guys. I'm flattered, yet confused... LOL. Andy, when you say the heat is too high, should I simply reduce the amperage? I'd like to think I was good enough with the foot control to do that, but reality, and my preference, is to have the pedal set more so I can pretty...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shaky_jake
    started a topic I are a luminum welder!

I are a luminum welder!

Good weekend. My electrician didn't show up, so I wired up my Dynasty 200 DX to use 110V until he does, then started playing around a bit. I know it's been said before, but what an amazing machine! I have never tried to weld aluminum in my life, and was able to use the 'ballpark' settings in...
    See more | Go to post

• That's interesting - I have some 7018AC rod that I bought at Home Depot - I think it's all they carry. I didn't even think about it at the time, I used it on a project at work where I had to weld some 1/4" angle iron stuff together. I got my Dynasty 200 DX today and wired it up for 110V input...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shaky_jake
    started a topic New guy here

New guy here

Hoping to make it home in time tomorrow to pick up my Dynasty 200 DX from the welding shop, else I'll have to wait until Monday. I'm a hobbyist, most of what I work on is for either my '85 Suburban or my '68 Chevy pro-street pickup. I wanted to be able to weld aluminum, mostly for the '68 and the...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X