Collapse
21 results in 0.0178 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Ok

Thanx for the great replies.

I really cant justify the MM210. I just dont have a need to weld very thick sections nor do I need the ability to spray xfer. Having the gun on demand would be handy but vertainly not necessary. I will be welding Al for sure but probably...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How about Al?

I'm researching the purchase of a MIG welder in the '175' size and would like to revist this discussion and focus on Al welding. I know the MM175 can be had w/ an optional spool gun. Is anyone using this setup? It appears that the welder must be rigged for either AL or steel...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimg
    replied to 9000x Speedglass vs Elite
    I picked up my Elite last night on the way home from work. I was surprised to find that spare lens covers were included...nice touch Miller!! I pulled it out to take a look and the counter guy was impressed. He said for autodarks they sell mostly Speedglas on the top end or no names on the low end....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• How does the suitcase wirefeeder fit into all this? Is its purpose to allow a long reach w/ a std MIG gun?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimg
    started a topic to point or not to point

to point or not to point

Hi,
    Now that I have my TIG setup working and Ive messed about a bit I have a question about pointing the electrode. It seems that all texts say the electrode should be pointed. However, they never explain exactly why. So, I did point it checmically and found that the longer and thinner the point...
    See more | Go to post

• jimg
    replied to Maxstar 200DX
    Yes, I thought it might be easier and maybe less expensive to buy it all in a single kit. I thought about going that route but the CK torch came highly recommended so I bought my setup in bits and pieces.

Youre going to really like the Maxstar. Just this w/e I got it all setup to TIG...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimg
    replied to Welding schools
    That would be a long drive for sure. However, the day classes I think are around 8hrs. If you want a look heres the website address: http://ms.nhctc.edu/
    From there you can browse the fall schedule.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimg
    replied to Maxstar 200DX
    IIRC mine came w/ at least one dinse connector (a special on that had a connection pt for gas to facilitate a single lead torch), a hose that connects the above dinse connector to the the gas output port on the front of the machine and a manual. If youre interested I think I can come up w/ a P/N for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanx Don,
    I suppose if you had a fogging problem a little spit would take care of it pretty quick.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimg
    replied to Welding schools
    Hi linkpin
    How close are you to NH? The tech school in Manchester has a 1 semester hands on TIG class at night and more in depth day classes (lab & lecture).

As for equipment they have everything...esab, lincoln, miller, linde and others I didnt get a good look at.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• JWELD,
    Having 2 more sensors might be handy. I think though the 9002 might have 4 now. At any rate, I own a 9000 also and have gotten flashed a few times b/c the sensors were in the wrong orientation relative to the arc. Aside from that the Miller helmets do look better...at least theyre more...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimg
    replied to Happy new owner of DX200
    Hawk,
    Wasnt saying a Maxstar could be programmed into a Dynasty. Just saying that Im sure theres no substantive difference between the sx, dx and lx in each line.

About the hidden menus...what do they do and how do you access them?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimg
    Well you might have to open it up to find a port (if there is any). Perhaps they use the 14pin cinnector in some clever way???

However, the idea of a programmable welder is rather appealing. The same physical welder could have different capabilities/features depending programming....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimg
    Bubba
    I think it is some sort of s/w version. Which makes for an interesting question...is it upgradable and how? Oh, on 2nd thought I suspect its probably a change of chip rather than d/l.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jimg
    replied to quick connects for inert gas cnx
    I thought a follow up might be in order. First, I think this is the first inert QC my dealer has ever sold...in any case he wasnt familiar w/ them. The other problem was the WP catalog. Unless you knew their products well theres no way you could make an informed choice based on the catalog alone. With...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X