Collapse
24 results in 0.0187 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Stubs
    replied to angled sledge hammer head
    My own bad example, old petrified junk in the hole made the handle seat wrong.... Sandblast a little and then hit with a torch enough to know absolutely sure the head is ready. <br />
    <br />
    That or it is for persuade'n fence posts or other things in difficult situations?<br...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    replied to My own thread about shop.
    Beautiful farm shop and quality work.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    replied to zapped!
    I was still tingling and trying to get planted when I posted. I was running one stick of 1/8 7018 on an elevator (belt conveyor). No tig, or pedal. Contactor on. What I was welding on was on tires and had no continuity to ground.

I'll give he a good blow down. I have a little "air...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    started a topic zapped!

zapped!

I had on some leather gloves that had been contaminated with some liquid fertilizer when I needed to make a quick weld. The old Hobart tig wave was a little less "smooth" than usual and although I was dry, not holding the stinger and on clean concrete a few feet from the stinger I got a good...
    See more | Go to post

• Stubs
    replied to Looking to get Industrial
    Got it. Also after more carefully looking at the wiring diagram (in the first manual I got) it was obvious. I picked up the last 37' of 4-4awg wire, copper ends, exc. for $140. Hope to get a good cleaning and the wire done later. If I'm lucky I'll have time to check out the brushes in the feeder...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    I may have to download a few more manuals because the one I got from miller (thanks for the link but I was already there) did not have a diagram....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    update

Although older and in less than ideal condition, a DeltaWeld 450 with a D-52a dual head feeder for $350 went into the back of the Kenworth on my way home from delivering potatoes. I need to switch to low voltage (of course THAT part of the decal is missing), get some gas equipment...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    Oh that's nice lol. I only have a 400 amp service so that 1500 amp beast is just a little bit overkill.

I also left SubArc off my to do list but I like how you think.

XMT 450 or a Dimension 652 (452?) Is the current models I'm thinking about. Used and a few years old I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    Tig is already covered by my 20 year old Hobart square wave machine.

My challenge is long welds in 1/2"+ plate. 5/32" 7024 gets old and is about all I can push with the Hobart. I was warned not to air gouge when I bought it. I want that capacity.

I'm NOT...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    3 phase with AC output.....?

No I'm going to stick to steel.

Hope for some light on Miller. Lots of Lincoln dc400 and 600 machines but I don't know the older miller numbers much less their reputation.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    started a topic Looking to get Industrial

Looking to get Industrial

I love my old Hobart TigWave but after building a few heavier projects, it is lacking.

I have 240 3phase power now and would like to add the capacity of a 400-600 amp 100% duty cycle unit. Prefer multi process, CC/CV, ability to have air carbon, stick stinger and a some sort of industrial...
    See more | Go to post

• Aronson wrote a lot about grounds. He had a very useful weld on mercury conductor for his positioners. Contact area makes more impact than conductor material.

I have an old vice grip with copper pipe jaw and sweated on cable in addition to standard clamp.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• My "shop" is not a lot bigger. 16x50' I will someday have to move if I ever build a real shop. I have made as much storage palletized as possible.

Got to go....tones just dropped on a garage fire.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Stubs
    replied to 'Baking' Rods
    If you do. They will stink the house up and if 6010 6011 I don't know how they will react. I dried out a box of 7024 and had trouble with cracked flux.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Clean repeat. ... cover anything that would have problems with a spot of splatter. Keep it hot before during and after. Skip the tig and reach for 7018

It was not made by God. But don't haul a trailer @ 75mph if it runs the least bit warmer/louder than the original or GOD may have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X