Collapse
135 results in 0.0244 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Canuck
    replied to Ability?
    Why not use multiple passes or stick weld it with the 175. 175 amps with stick is more than enough for 1/4 inch plate. Just watch the duty cycle if you are doing long welds.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to Spoolgun with solid steel wire?
    I would watch out for wear on nylon tube that goes from the drive rolls to contact tip. This might wear fastser with steel wire and maybe the drive rolls as well as they are intended more for soft wire but I don't think you have any problems. Just check all the parts when you change wire. You could...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to Syncrowave 180 blowing breaker
    Things are pretty expensive up here but $2900 for a 180sd is to much even in the great white north. $1800-1900 is good but your going to spend $2900 then look at a 200dx because I have seen them go for that. Which may not seem like a deal but up here thats not bad.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to TIG purchase
    I agree with HAWK, consider the syncrowave 250. We have an older model at work that does 95% of our TIG and it is all Aluminum. We build Tanker Trailers so our parts have to be perfect and the 250 gives us quality results on 1/8-3/4" Al. on a regular basis.
    KB
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to what helmet?
    I wouldn't look into an auto tint helmet at first. Mostly because you are in a trade school and thigs like "To Grow Legs And Walk Away" if you know what I mean. And secondly if you are doing a lot of stick welding in all positions the spatter would ruin your nice new helmet. I recomend a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to mig or flux cored 4130
    I don't think the flux core would be good idea to use with the 4130. If at all possible it should be TIG welded but if you have the capability to MIG weld it than you should do that. Use an Er80-s6 wire and 75/25 gas. The flux core dose not have the tensile strenght or the mechanical properties tho...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to Welding Music
    David Gilmour is the master and the most underrated guitarist around.
    And I do think David Bowie is pretty spacey but just can't compare to Pink Floyd.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to Welding Music
    "Is there anybody out There?"

Gotta Love The Floyd
    What goes together better than space rock and TIG?
    Keep the ear plugs in tunes cranked!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to Stick Question
    Gary
    I would 170-180 amps with the 5/32. All of the other advice is good and welds don't look bad at all. Good luck.
    KB
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to Drunken dirt dauber??
    We use the same blades at work for back gouging butt welds and I've also heard them called "meat axes". I beleve the workmens compansation board here in canada has made them ilegal to use because we have trouble buying them.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• They don't like us taking pictures at work but the welds that we do are some of the best aluminum welds I have ever seen. The idea of being able to control wire speed with the trigger sounds interesting. I bet it would be a little confusing at first.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Engold

I also work for a company that builds AL. tanks and we manly use Miller deltaweld 452's with the XR push pull feeder and the XR watercooled gun. These are great set up's that will weld well in any position.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    replied to Ck watercooled torch
    Thanks gclose I have decided to go with the ck torch but I will have to wait on when I get it because of some other home projects that must get done before the winter.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    The #17 is an aircooled torch rated at 150 amps and the #20 is a watercooled torch rated 250 amps.
    KB
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Canuck
    I have to agree, I also like the superflex lines. I guess I am sort of spoiled because at tech school we had two 300dx's with the superflex lines on them. I am back in there next week for the second half of my training so who knows maybe I can take one home
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X