Collapse
227 results in 0.0129 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• timw
    replied to plasma question
    I have the Miller Spec 625 and I am very happy with it. The only time I use my O/A now is to heat or braze.
    I have attached some pics of 3/4" cutting, it ain't pretty but it is do-able. 1/2" on down no problem, it works very well. I seem to do a lot of fitting and I use the plaz for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Fun- I have a backup bottle of CO2 for when my 75/25 runs out. I find that it has a real course, rough weld. Even the sound is harsh. The 75/25 sounds like it is in tune. If that makes sense.
    I have learned the best setting for a regulator is try a weld, then back off pressure a little and try...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• If you really want to cry, I bought my MM210 in 10/01 for $1100. Oh yea, Miller was giving away the spool gun with purchase!!!! Ah the good old days of a mild depression. Well it did take me 3 months to earn my money back with it.
    If you really want to see the 210 perform just put some .035...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    replied to Out of bussiness in AMERICA!
    In my opinion the lawyers are responsible for our ecenomic problems. We have become a country "Of The Lawyers, By The Lawyers and For The Lawyers. If you removed the "legal Tax" on everything especially health care we would be much better off.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    replied to Thought My Millermatic 210 Died
    I had a problem with my MM210 welding kinda funny and acting strange a couple years ago. I found that the bolt that holds the cable to the ground clamp had loosened up and was making a bad/weak connection and getting very hot. I cleaned and tightened it and all was well!
    Another problem that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Just a heads-up for MM210 owners, there is a circuit breaker located between the wire spool holder and the wire feeder.
    It's not a bad idea to rotate your selector handle through all stops to clean the contacts occaisionally. Won't hurt the wire feed nobb too.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    replied to Joining the MM210 crowd
    I've had my MM210 for 5 1/2 years now and ran .035 wire until the current spool. I kept reading about .030 so I tried it. I personally don't like it. I find that I can't get as much heat out of it. It just dosen't lay in as good on thicker metal.
    I can weld 16ga with .035 with no problems....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    replied to Spectrum 625
    I've been running my 625 for over two years without any filters. I have a 5hp compressor and about 80 feet of air line before mine plugs in. I keep the compressor and air lines drained.
    The 625 is a great machine, I am very happy with it! If it's your first Plasma you need to play with it until...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I've had my MM210 for over 5 years now and I still am impressed with it. When I bought it I wasn't sure if I could afford it and as it turned out it paid for itself in about 3 months!
    I haven't used the MM251 but I have used 250 class machines. I would compare the 210 to the 251 like a car with...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    replied to Ironworker info needed
    If you are running a lot of the same cut you need to set up rollers and stops that will let you do production. Some people use conveyer sections and others use rollers on stands to feed material. Stops are easy to add too, just fab something that is ajustable for what you are cutting.
    Good luck...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    Scotchman still supports my 26 year old machine. (faxed me owners manul and parts list 2 years ago)
    A good question to ask about the machine you decide on.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    Here is pics of my machine and the brake. The brake is 3 pieces of 3/16" X 1 1/2" X 1 1/2" in an upsidedown W. The top die is 3/4" plate....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    I have a 1980 Scotchman 50 ton. I bought 3 fab machines, sold the other 2 and kept the Scotchman and I'm $600. to the good! It is 3 phase and I am running it on a homemade ($45.) static converter.
    As old as it is, it works great! I am very happy with it. I think it's rated to punch 1 1/4"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    replied to Cutting 3/4" with Spec 625 pics
    Considering the machine is rated for 1/2" and I cut 50% over the rating free hand I think it did a good job. I took the Plasma torch and cleaned up the rough edges so I didn't need to grind that much. I am making a quick disconnect frame to mount forklift forks on my farm tractor frontend loader....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• timw
    started a topic Cutting 3/4" with Spec 625 pics

Cutting 3/4" with Spec 625 pics

I cut this piece today using my Spectrum 625. The plate is 3/4". I cut it free hand leaning my other hand on plate for support. I'm using the standoff tip. If I stopped cutting it was tricky to get started again until the heat started building up. I would guess-timate 3-4 inches per minute....
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X