10 results in 0.0049 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• jjense15
    started a topic Trouble with MIG

Trouble with MIG

Messing around with some vertical T joints, 1/4" MS plate to 1/8" MS plate. Millermatic 300 MIG, initial settings were 24 on the voltage and around 340 on the wire speed. This setting seemed to work real well when not trying to defy gravity (horizontal T joint, 1/4" on 1/4"). ...
    See more | Go to post

• jjense15
    replied to Econo Tig on 1/4" mild steel
    Thanks Dan and Hawk. I have to do some structural mods to my enclosed car trailer. I think I will bring the trailer to work and use our Millermatic 300 MIG, probably better suited for the job anyway. Suggestions on machine set-up? Have not MIG welded in a while.

Thanks again,
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jjense15
    started a topic Econo Tig on 1/4" mild steel

Econo Tig on 1/4" mild steel

Does my econotig have enough output to safely weld on 1/4" mild steel? I normally don't work on anything over 1/8" and am currently set up with a 3/32" tungsten and use 1/16" filler rod. I would go to a 1/8" tungsten with same diameter filler rod, and a larger gas cup.
    See more | Go to post

• jjense15
    replied to Magnetism???
    Makes sense Andy, I had my ground clamp on the opposite end to where I was welding.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jjense15
    started a topic Magnetism???

Magnetism???

Was tig welding on a rear end housing, miller econotig. Running wide open and noticed the machine will start to make a vibrating noise, which I think is normal, but what seemed odd is sometimes as I started to introduce filler, the housing had magnatism and pulled the filler rod to it. Maybe bad ground?...
    See more | Go to post

• 700psi left in Argon tank, how long will it last?

Plan on installing a roll cage this weekend, mostly doing fit up and if it goes well, start to weld everything up. Tig welding with about 12 cfh of gas flow. Welding shops are closed on the weekend. Should I get a full cylinder? I was trying to avoid returning my cylinder with 700psi of argon left...
    See more | Go to post

• jjense15
    replied to tig cracks
    I have had similar experience, small crack where I end the bead. I was told to drag the arc towards the edge of the bead. Sometimes you will notice a "cat eye" at the end of the bead. I was told this is a stress riser and can cause cracking. I have found that draging to the edge of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Yes, mild steel. Looks like I am going to cut everything up and start over. Makes me sick to my stomach! I know who I WONT be going to advice from now on. Better to get right though. Thanks for the education Andy.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• stainless on mild steel

Thanks Andy. I'm concerned now, since my project is a back half on a drag car and the work is just completed. Is there anything I can do now, grind the stainless and then go back over with the correct filler? The last thing I need is to have ladder bar brackets...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• jjense15
    started a topic stainless filler rod with mild steel

stainless filler rod with mild steel

I am tig welding mild steel tubing with stainless filler rod (was told by a welding engineer that I could do this). I had been getting some contamination using mild steel filler rod, and was told that the stainless sort of acts like a cleaner. Does this make sense? The welds look perfect, but I am...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X