Collapse
86 results in 0.0091 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• 'Stang
    replied to MillerMatic 211
    I have the transformer version of the MM211. A couple of years ago, mice made a nest in it and urinated on the main board. It cost me $300 for the board, and $75 for labor at my LWS. I thought that was pretty reasonable compared to buying a new welder.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to Issue with autoset
    I have the MM211 (transformer) and the auto-set doesn't work well with flux core wire. That's fine-I like to manually dial it in myself. I watched your video 4 times. The first thing I noticed when you pulled the trigger was your arc length, or CTWD. Your contact tip was way too far from the work. This...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to Happy Labor Day
    Roger that! I have a Wagyu ranch just down the road. I'm gonna have the steak tonight! Gotta love it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I don't have any experience with the Weldcraft- but I do have the CK 200 with the Superflex cables on my Dynasty. I previously had the gas cooled FlexLock and loved it. I just got tired of having to let it cool down. I switched to the water cooled version with a Coolmate 1.3. Now I can run 200 amps...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to Stick Welding on 30 amp Breaker
    I have the new Thunderbolt 210. I haven't stick welded in years and thought I would get back into it. I have been burning 1/8" 7018 rods at 130 amps and have not come close to tripping the 30amp breakers in my shop. If you're not getting too serious on rod size, you should be fine.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to Aluminum Certification test
    I can tell you from personal experience-pulse is the way to go on aluminum mig. I worked at a plant that built aluminum petroleum tankers for the trucking industry. We used conventional mig until Miller trained 5 of our top welders on how to use pulse. After that, we used pulse, and never looked back....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to Thunderbolt 210
    Thanks Bob! I'm going to order one....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    started a topic Thunderbolt 210

Thunderbolt 210

Anybody have any experience with the new Thunderbolt 210? I have read the specs on it, but can't find anything that says it will run 6010. It appears to be an inverter from the size and weight. If it will run 6010 I am going to order one. I don't like using my Dynasty for stick welding. Thanks for any...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by 'Stang; 10-21-2017, 07:05 PM.

• 'Stang
    replied to TIG water cooler opinions
    If you use a car radiator-you can also use one of the radiator mounted electric fans like the cars have now. That would force air through the radiator for additional cooling. A 12 volt battery with an inline fuse, and a battery charger. Good to go.I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to certiflat tab-n-slot
    The Fab Block I got has a 1/4 inch thick top and sides....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to certiflat tab-n-slot
    I just got something like it for Christmas. I got the 2x3 Fab Block. Set it up today, going to start welding it tomorrow. I like that the fab block is extendable. Now I just have to find the tooling for it....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Good luck on your new job. Probably be good to get back in the family business. And, many thanks for the spool gun conversion! Works like a charm!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to Career Change Question
    [QUOTE=HGR44117;n568511]Because of a shortage of welders, lots of manufacturers have their own in-house training programs. That would be great if you could find one of those. Where are you located? I know of a few shops in Cleveland. Also, I got welding certified at Lincoln Electric. That at least gives...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to Hobart or Miller
    I agree! I would go with the MM211. He won't outgrow it soon if he is a hobby welder. If his budget puts him in the 110 class of welders, I would go with the Miller. Just my personal preference-but, I don't like welders with tap settings. Just my preference. That's why I prefer a Thunderbolt over a...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 'Stang
    replied to Dynasty 210dx power cord length
    I have the 200DX. I have ran it many times off my Honda Black Max that I bought from Sam's Club. No issues! 8,500/7.000 watts.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X