No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
191 results in 0.1763 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• If you choose the design with upside-down "T"'s for legs, use larger dimension square or rectangular tubing, at least 2"x2" or 2"x3". Design it so the widest dimension of the tubing is used to strengthen the bench against lateral tipping forces. The smaller 1" or...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Had similar blow-up of my XMT-350 cc/cv with serial number a little later in the LExxxxxx series than yours about 8 years ago. A technician-member here called cruizer helped me with advice. I identified the ruined board and capacitors. I bought the replacement parts for about $1200. Cruizer told me...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Dmaxer; 09-20-2020, 07:26 PM.

Leave a comment:

• I second Bushytails suggestion, AGM is the way to go if you can. AGM batteries were first developed for aviation use by Optima because of the need for a powerful, leakproof, vibration resistant, use-in-any-position battery. I used to buy the Optima red top batteries for my diesel pickup at Sam's Club...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to Flatten A Table???
    I have dealt with similar problems with a used table I bought, but it's a single piece 4'x8'x1/2". It was from a pre-fab barn company and I guessed that with the plate on the floor, they stitch-welded the frame/legs to the top with MIG and then flipped it upright. The unevenness was easy to understand...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to Hobbyist / Bottle Size Problem
    So stickermigtigger, in order to answer your question it would be helpful to know where you are as asked by MAC702. The answers vary by location and hopefully there will be someone from you area who'll know what is possible....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to XMT 350 prolems
    The newly replaced parts may have disguised the condition of the board or other previously untested parts during your post-installation pre-power checks. Not only that, risking the new parts without having tested everything in the as-is condition may cost you more in the end. If the old parts are still...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to XMT 350 prolems
    Just to clarify, did you perform the complete pre-power diagnostic checks described in the Miller XMT 350 CC/CV tech manual before you replaced the mods and caps? Or did you do them only after replacing the parts? Is the tech manual you are using the correct one for the serial number series of your...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to 6 Caster Layout : Welding Table
    Yes, the screw jacks on my table's center legs are acme threaded with the same kind of foot as those in tarry99's post. Mine have a built-in handle for raising/lowering instead of requiring wrench for a hex nut. It appears Tarry99's solution is similar to mine except his (may?) use four screw-jacks...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to 6 Caster Layout : Welding Table
    I have a 4'x8'x1/2" welding table with six 1 1/2" sq. tube legs. I put swivel casters on the four corners and instead of wheels on the center legs, I used 1" threaded stock with a free spinning "foot" on the bottom, a 1/4" sliding lever for raising/lowering through the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to heavy duty work table
    Methinks the casters for use on a table rolling on an epoxied slab, which will weigh over 1500 lbs bare and hold four times as much should be rated at 3500 lbs or more. Maybe something like this https://www.casterconcepts.com/caste...omaxx-casters/ (just the product of research, I'm not...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to Xmt 350 cc?cv
    That's not much to go on. Without knowing a lot more all that can be said is, get a good multi-meter and do the pre-power checks/analysis described in the Miller Technical Manual for your XMT 350 (specific to the serial number of the unit). Actually the pre-power checks should have been done BEFORE...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to Xmt 350 cc/cv. Spool gun hookup
    To your XMT 350 power source the spool gun is just another wire feeder. If you have a regular wire feeder already set up (mine is an S-22), unplug it and plug in the cable from the WC-24/30a, then check that the XMT process switch is set to MIG. Simple....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to welding cart axle
    My cart holds my Miller XMT 350 and S-22 wire feeder as well as two "K" size (252 cu.ft.) gas cylinders, Spoolgun and lots of cable and supplies. I planned on a 5/8" axle under the heaviest part of the cart and discovered that a mild steel axle underperformed so I switched to a cold rolled...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dmaxer
    replied to Blown caps in XMT350
    Same thing happened to my XMT 350 CC/CV over a year ago. Do a search of Cruizer's posts on the XMT's. Per cruizer, the cause is the loosening of the cap connections on PC-2 that need to be re-torqued periodically with a torque driver or wrench that measures in/lbs.. When the connections loosen on...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Dmaxer; 08-02-2013, 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Leave a comment:

• Another vote for the Spoolmatic 30A. 2-3 hours travel is worth it for a much stronger piece of equipment.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X