Collapse
53 results in 0.0151 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• illuzion
    replied to MIG Questions
    Welp, heres the deal, I havent heard one bad experience with the passport yet, and noone here seems to have anything bad to say about it, thats good enough for me. I ordered mine today, probably should have by end of week. I strongy doubt I will regret it, miller has yet to disappoint me. I have...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• First off I am definately a "big window" person, so I personally dont even look at any of the smaller units. I have had a snap on/blue point hood that I used for a long time without problems, loved it variable shade, great battery life, standard aaa battery. Then I bought a dynasty 200dx,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• illuzion
    replied to MIG Questions
    cost isnt so much of an issue so long as i am not spending an extra $1k for a blue pelican box and a paintball co2 tank. As long as there is a significant functional dfference between the machines, i dont mind spending the extra $, ever since i bought the dynasty, i am a believer in inverter technology,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• illuzion
    replied to MIG Questions
    My main interest is what is the difference between these welders from a power supply (not packaging) standpoint. Is the passport a high frequency inverter? Or is it a 60hz transformer based unit like the 175? is there a difference in arc stability? Is one wire feeder better?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• illuzion
    started a topic MIG Questions

MIG Questions

I was looking for a portable mig setup, I am trying to decide between the Millermatic 175 and the millermatic passport, I need something I can pick up and carry somewhere, I consider both of these machines equally portable, the self contained gas supply in the passport isnt terribly important to me,...
    See more | Go to post

• illuzion
    replied to Need Tig Welder Advice?
    Dyn 200DX

The real question you need to ask yourself is portability a concern. Second is really HOW MUCH alum will you be doing. You really need to be honest with both of these issues to decide on the dynasty. If you do not need portability, and you will be doing more steel than aluminum,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• illuzion
    replied to Need Tig Welder Advice?
    Dynasty 200DX, millers answer to the fabricators question. enough said
    -illuzion
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• When you Tig repair a bandsaw blade, how do you prep the blade? Is it just a 90deg cut, or 45deg? Do you overlap the segments, or just but them together, and do you use filler metal at all?
    -illuzion
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• illuzion
    replied to Big Window Elite
    Not sure if the unit charges while it is off or not, however as for welding in the shade, it is the intense UV from the welding arc that powers the cells much more so than ambient light. Due to the fact that you are much closer to the point source of energy, it works quite well at assisting the batteries....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• illuzion
    replied to Tungsten Grinders...
    Have been very busy and haven't had much time lately. There are some good and bad points about this unit. The manufacturer was recently made aware of a design flaw (by me), and they are investigating it and getting back to me on it, and I was holding posting a review until then, I expect to post some...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• The unit itself is probably 6-7lb. I would say the weight is comparable to a decent 4" angle grinder. It is recommended for handheld use, in fact in your hands when holding it, it definately "feels" like a 4" angle grinder. They offer the bench mount (which in my opinion is pretty...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• file...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• attachment...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Turbo Sharp Tungsten Grinder FIRST LOOK

Just received my sample eval unit today, they sure shipped it fast. I included a few pics of it, The first pic is the first thing that got my attention, the nice blue powder coated custom steel case it came shipped in. The second thing was the die cut foam that all of the parts are neatly arranged...
    See more | Go to post

• illuzion
    replied to Stack of dimes?
    Great welds Andy! I am shooting for what you refer to as "common spacing" nothing too exotic. I'm going to try to find some time next week to mess with it. My thing is, I usually end up with a continuious bead that looks like it came off a wire feed more so than that "stacked tig"...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X