Search Result

Collapse
57 results in 0.0110 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Grampa
    replied to How many amps needed for MM251?
    I Started Something!!!

If I posted something up here and scared the **** out of everybody and now people are really paying attention to electrical safety and proper wiring then it is a good thing in my mind..

I know that my expertise and experience is in question here..But...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    started a topic Vision issues

Vision issues

Saw some posts on vision issues..getting an annual on the eyeballs is a good idea..but we all know that..Having a good current prescription can help a lot and as we get older our eyes change..

Finding some decent safety glasses with the proper prescription can be difficult.specially if...
    See more | Go to post

• Grampa
    replied to Prescription safety glasses
    Glasses

I did a google search and found these guys..

http://www.safevision.net/safetylenses.html

They seem to have quite a few options..might try them to see if they have something to fill the bill..there are some options in wrap around there..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    replied to 8VS Suitcase and Aluminum..
    Engine

I am going with the kohler..the supplier that I am working with has them for rent so I can see one work and hear it run..

the kohler units seem to be fine as far as I know..as far as the durablity these things ride around in trucks..get placed on fish boats and all...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    replied to Welder Wiring Safety
    Inspections

Main thing is to have the electrical install inspected..even the most competent experienced licensed electricians will forget something and get knocked over at times..Things like loose ground clamps..something not tight..little things but very important things..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    Panel

You are correct in that I can buy a panel for about 300..then I need a meter base, some service pipe and service entrance..some wire and breakers..Rewire the shop...then since this has to be underground service there is the fee for the backhoe guy..or machine rental..plus of course...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    Yup

Andy,

I am buying Miller because of the support..You guys are the best!!!

What I am reflecting on is that the individual who is running the Syncro 250 off of a 50 amp receptacle might not have been able to find the correct one available in his local area.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    Proper Parts

Heiti,

Good thing this comes up!

What really happens out here in the ends of the earth..!! We order up a shiny new piece of equipment which has some sort of special cord end and requires some sort of special wall receptacle to accomodate that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    replied to upside down welding
    thats part of it

Certainly it is more difficult to do much of anything well when you are in an uncomfortable and akward position..

I am shaking off the rust from a long layoff from doing much welding..soo can't help you much on the technique part..Hawk has it right tho...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    Bootleg Wiring

Heiti,

First place I apologize if anything I said has offended you or anyone else here..

That being said long experience in commercial building maintenance has given me a whole new appreciation of what people will sometimes do..
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    Elevation

If we can get the vehicle up on a hoist so that there is room to work under there then it makes it easier for the welder to position himself to do his work..putting a bit of thought into this makes the job go a bit easier..See I have found that a lot of the issues we run into...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    Yup

Blondie is right..practice..get some plate and hang from the ceiling in your shop and work at it..I do overhead but it has been so long ago I was taught that now I just do it..gotta play with travel speed as if you are slow the bead will build up on you and drip hot metal..then if...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    There is the nut of it!!

Hawk,
    This gets to the nut of the deal

I cannot imagine getting involved with anything that the Trailblazer would not or could not do..

When I realized the expense of installing a new electrical service in my home to run my...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    Trailblazer

Heiti,
    I know several prople who have the engine driven machines and most of them would let you have anything else in the shop..but not the engine driven one..why..engine driven welders are just so darn useful..allow you to do so much..

As far as the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Grampa
    Ok ok

Heiti,
    Ok..not a problem..From all that I read study and all the Trailblazer seems to be the best for my application..and since there are lots of accessories for it I believe it will suit my needs just fine..

On the aluminum boat deal..boats around here tend...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X