13 results in 0.0066 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• azgorilla
    replied to AWS Test info?
    AWS Testing..........continued

To : PJSEAMAN........Thanks for the website info. I will get with aws.org right away and see what I can find out. Again.....thanks a lot........................To : STORTS Rats! I would loved to have had your old rod. I know what you mean about getting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• azgorilla
    started a topic AWS Test info?

AWS Test info?

I am getting ready to take my AWS test. I moved to another state and need it to be updated. Usually I take it with 7018 rod. However, I have heard others say that 7014 rod can be used. Any one know if this is true? I have never used 7014 rod, and unfamiliar with it's charateristics. Is it true...
    See more | Go to post

• Happy Camper

Just wanted to up date everyone and thank you for all your input. Turns out that the rim is aluminum and yes, it was a cleaning problem. Took all advice everyone, applied it to the job and wah lah! problem fixed! Thanks again for all the sage advice. I am really a very...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Magnesium.....Hmmmm. Never thought of that. Have no idea how to tell the difference though, other than it being nonferris. It sure shines up on the outside (the side you see when looking at car) just like aluminum. It DID have only a pin hole in it, but not any more. It was at the end of the weld...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks for the input. I am a novice tig welder and I must be doing something very wrong. I clean everything real well, then SS brush it, preheat, then I start the tig, but here is where the trouble starts. It all just seems to kind of "foam" on the aluminum, then it begins to get sooty looking,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• azgorilla
    started a topic How do you weld cast aluminum?

How do you weld cast aluminum?

Any one know much about welding cast aluminum? I am trying to help a buddy of mine by welding a "pinhole" in his cast aluminum rim for his car. I tried to tig it, but it just got worse (reads as: pinhole got bigger), even though I preheated, it seemed that it just would not get hot enough....
    See more | Go to post

• To aametalmaster

Bob, not sure how to get with you about the quick releases you have. I am new to Miller web forum. Do I just post my email in this forum, or is there a way to get with you more direct? Thanks...Tom
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• azgorilla
    started a topic quick release for cutting torch

quick release for cutting torch

I am tired of screwing torches and hoses together. I need to find the quick release with check ball safety features in them. Female end on gauges, male end on hose. Other end of hose, female end with male end (quick release installed on torch) on end of torch. Anyone know where these can be fou...
    See more | Go to post

• azgorilla
    started a topic clamp on type circle burner

clamp on type circle burner

Any one know who sells the clamp-on-the-torch type of circle burning guides? I have used these in the past, but do not know where to find them. I have called several welding suppliers, no luck. Looked on the web, no luck. Can anyone help? The type I am looking for is rather small. It clamps to...
    See more | Go to post

• azgorilla
    replied to 6010 and 7018 rod for pipe
    The pipe line was a 16 inch dia. medium pressure gasoline/diesel line. They would run gas through it, put the (for lack of remembering what it is called) big black, solid 17 inch rubber ball into the pipe, (for separation of fluids) then chase it with diesel. Some smart construction worker decided...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• azgorilla
    Scott, thanks for the input. I have welded for many years, including pipe. However, it has all been uphill, vertical welding. A while ago I was working with some gas guys on a cross country type maintenance job (repair work after an explosion that killed 3 by-standers). That was the first time I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• azgorilla
    pipe welding

Thank you for the excellent reply! Totally blew me away with the in dept answer. Yes, I was thinking of the cross country mainliners on various types of gas pipe welding. You answered all questions. Again, thanks a lot.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• azgorilla
    started a topic 6010 and 7018 rod for pipe

6010 and 7018 rod for pipe

Just read a reply from HAWK that stated 6010 1/8 inch rod for first pass, then followed with 7018 1/8 inch rod for filler and cover pass, is the acceptable way to do a pipe weld cert. test. To my understanding, (in the field, natural gas pipe) you are to use 6010 rod, all the way out to the cap weld,...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X