Search Result

Collapse
30 results in 0.0494 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• karish
    replied to How many of you bought used ?
    I bought a 80s vintage Synchrowave 300, with two TiG torches, several sections of 2/0 welding wire and a stinger, oh yea, cooler and cart for the outrageous price of $200. It didn't have a foot controller or grounding clamp, I got ripped off! No problems with the unit at all, except perhaps the limited...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hummm, let's see, is there anyway to combine the interest and the experience? Too bad the automotive industry isn't becoming more and more dependant upon sensors, computers, and the networks at connect them. Why, then you'd have something!

While you're getting your BSME, there's nothing...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• karish
    replied to Cold Weather Welding
    Ah, the cold, ya gotta love it. My garage has only the waste heat from the house furnace to stay warm. When it gets cold outside (-40 or lower) the temperature near the floor is at freezing, and isn't too much above that higher. If you have an auto darkening helmet, don't let it freeze. The machines...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wendall,

I will try to arrange something. I do not own a 1's and 0's camera at the moment.

The Johnson bandsaw is quite a big green lump to go with your big blue lump. I would think your interest in a small chop saw would be dramatically diminished with the accquitison...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• d-dawgg,

I have to disagree with you. You are not an idiot. If you were, you wouldn't ask questions, but rather charge ahead and make a mess of things and probably hurt yourself or others. You may be temporarliy ignorant of metal cutting saws, but that is 100% curable and you're well...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• karish
    replied to AL and tig cart projects
    Wendall,

I have pulser envy! But, hey for $200 a guy can't be too picky, can he?

fun4now:

I will be rewiring my gargage this spring to increase the available power there. Don't want to do it in the winter as it get a wee bit dark and cold here with the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• karish
    replied to AL and tig cart projects
    Wendell,

I've got a big blue lump in my garage too. Other than the space it takes up, I really like it. But, hey, I got it, two torches, a cooler, a cart, and some 2/0 welding cable and stinger for a steal, so I'm not too worried about it.

Are those pulse controls on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• karish
    replied to 1978 syncrowave 300 pedal
    Wendell,

I have an older Synchrowave 300 too. Although mine is a bit newer (1980s) I had no problem getting a foot controller. I called Miller on the phone gave the nice lady the machine's S/N and she gave me the part number. I called to the few shops we have in the area and got one....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• karish
    replied to newbe need's help
    I have a Millermatic 130 XP and use it quite frequently. I was fortunate enough to have classes close. First, you need to decide if the wire is flux core or not. If it isn't, you will need sheilding gas. If there is a welding shop or store in the area, you could take it to them. Or, you could...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• karish
    replied to Iron fence
    Walker,

Very nice fence work. What did you use to bend the 1/2" tube?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• karish
    replied to The DeWalt DW872 Chop saw.
    Bulldog,

I've had one for almost two years. Cuts real well, fast and straight. The gearbox on mine was leaking when I got it from The Tool Crib (Amazon). Took it to the local DeWalt warranty station and wasn't real happy with their service, but the machine works as advertised. The...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• We were taught in class to always yell "COVER!" before striking an arc. It's such a habit now that I do it in my garage even when no one else is home. You can't see my garage from the street, and I don't have many passersby (especailly during the 7 months with snow on the ground), but I'd...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• karish
    replied to Tungsten Balling Up
    Aurora in the arc

HAWK and Paul,

I was using AC running a bead on Al. I thought maybe I had hit the electrode with the filler. So, I did it again being careful to not hit the electrode. Same thing. But, I will change the cup, clean the metal and try again being very...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• karish
    replied to aluminum w/ 135
    Al with the 135

sparky123

I have a 130 XP, and it will, in fact shoot Al. Get a separate liner so you do not mix steel and Al, which is bad. They aren't expensive, $15 or so. Hook up the Argon, change the liner, put the Al in machine (all of these are covered in the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sychrowave 300 in the garage

pepsiguy,

I too have an older (1988, I think) Synchrowave 300 in the garage. I had a spare set of breaker spaces (240V) in my existing load center, so I used them. The house has a service rated at 125A max. I'm hoping to change this soon before...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X