18 results in 0.0166 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Nunzio1
    replied to Welding Table..
    tig table

About 10 years ago I had a piece of 3/4 inch thick steel 48 " by 48" blanchard ground flat to .025 - the whole thing cost about $325. My boss thought that was too much money for a table, so I bought it with my own $ and it now sits in my shop. I made the frame for...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunzio1
    started a topic Bronze sculpture repair

Bronze sculpture repair

I have been asked to re-attach a piece of bronze to a sculpture - it's a decent sized piece about 6 inches long, one inch in diameter and hollow on the inside with a wall thickness of about 1/8 to 3/16ths. I was going to try brazing it back on....any suggestions?
    See more | Go to post

• heat treat of chrome moly

Thanks for the help guys - It looks like I will not have a problem, but wanted to be on the safe side - nothing like creating a prototype motorcycle to show off your welding skills and have your welds crack....I tigged it using my 2004 Miller Syncowave 250 and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunzio1
    replied to grinding Tungstens
    tungsten

The way that I do it is to chuck the tungsten in a cordless drill and spin the tungsten as it sharpens on a vertical belt sander. This nor only protects my hands from the hot tungsten but produces a very sharp concentric point - if the tungsten is really buggered up I hold the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunzio1
    started a topic Heat treatment of 4130 chrome moly

Heat treatment of 4130 chrome moly

I'm building a prototype off road motorcycle and have tig welded a 4130 chrome moly tubular frame. I've think I remember reading that the welds should be brought up to 400 degrees and cooled slowly to eliminate any stresses and cracks. Being that I'm planning on having the frame powder coated, which...
    See more | Go to post

• Nunzio1
    started a topic 6061 the same as 6063?

6061 the same as 6063?

I am looking at making some furniture (desk legs) out of 2" X 2" X.250 wall 6061 T6 square aluminum tubing. I looked at the Alcoa web site, called my local aluminum suppliers- but they only have 6063, and one of them said "it's the same thing" My question is - I can tig 6061 T6 very...
    See more | Go to post

• Nunzio1
    started a topic Problems with mig 250

Problems with mig 250

We are having problems with our Miller 250 mig: we think that the gas solenoid is bad - if we run bypass the solenoid we get much better welds - also it appears that one the end of the tip we are getting a black oily substance that I have never seen before - where could this be coming from?
    See more | Go to post

• Auto Darkening Helmet

Andy - I went back to CT Air Gas in Stratford CT where I purchased the helmet and talked to Tony about the problem with the new helmet. He had several other new helmets in stock, so we looked at those to see if it was just a problem with the one that I had picked...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• No response from Miller on my auto dark helmet problem...

Back on 6/28/05 I returned a new Miller auto dark helmet due to a black coating on 3 of the 4 sensors which allowed the helmet to turn off while the arc was on. I have not heard back from Miller since then, and was wondering what has happened to their stellar customer service department??? 2 months...
    See more | Go to post

• New Miller Auto Darkening Helmet Problem

I just bought a new Miller Elite Auto Darkening Helmet with 4 sensors due to problems with my Hornell Speedglass with just 2 sensors that would not allways see the arc in certain tight welding conditions. It looks great with flames and a skull - however the first time I used it - it switched off twice...
    See more | Go to post

• Nunzio1
    replied to Cast Iron question
    Welding cast iron with tig

I have taken nickel rod used for stick welding of cast iron , wire wheeled the flux off of it and used this as filler rod when repairing cast iron - it works really great, flows really well and is very controlable.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Nunzio1
    started a topic Coating for copper welded art items

Coating for copper welded art items

I recently completed a copper rose trellis made from 1 inch copper tubing, all tig welded together. The customer wanted to let it age and turn green, but since it was my first one, I polished it up and took some photo's in the bright sunshine. I prefer the shiny golden copper color myself, and was wondering...
    See more | Go to post

• Dave - Next time you watch American Chopper look around the shop - they use Miller welding machines exclusively- if you ever have the opertunity to use one,instead of a Hobart or Lincoln, I think your problems will go away...in the mean time get some sheet metal the same thickness as is on your pro...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I do thin stainless steel, aluminum items for manufacturing of tea bags and at home in my shop I'm working on a monster mini-bike with a chrome moly frame, hydraulic disk brakes, 16 hp Briggs V-twin motor, 25 inch diameter by 12 inch wide knobby tires - it will be 8 feet long from the front tire to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Difficulty starting arc

We had a similar problem with a Lincoln 250 mig - it would weld fine, then "bap,bap,bap" instead of a nice steady "sizzle". To make a long frustrating story short: The feed roller mechanism was poorly designed from the factory and would intermitantly...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X