75 results in 0.0376 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• MACH4
    started a topic alloy 20

alloy 20

I've been called to weld on a "super' stainless vapor tray that is made from Alloy 20. Problem is, I have no idea what type of rod/filler that this will require.Anyone have a suggestion.
    Mike
    MACH4
    See more | Go to post

• MACH4
    replied to Return of an old timer
    Paul, Glad to see a familiar face{name} on the site. Hope you are doing well!
    Mike
    MACH4
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MACH4
    replied to AL covers
    Just abit more info on the covers I asked about yesterday[Thurs.]These covers are for product[threonine]chutes that carry product"cake" to receiver bins. The covers are to allow the maint. people a "safety" when working on the the press system.I put in a requisition today for either...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MACH4
    started a topic AL covers

AL covers

To All,
    I need to make covers for a piece of [email protected] out of AL and,as much as I hate to admit, I'm not sure of what type Al that I need to order. Most of the AL I repair is an unkown type...........I usually weld it with 4043 OR 5356.
    Ant advice as to the # I should request????????5356...
    See more | Go to post

• MACH4
    replied to Miller Decals...
    THANK YOU for the Miller stickers I got today via snail mail.I will try to get a digital photo once I get the stickers on my hardhat and shop door. Again, THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!
    Mike
    MACH4...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MACH4
    replied to Miller Decals...
    MACH 4 Welding
    214 Madison Box 96
    Nokomis,Ill 62075
    Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MACH4
    replied to Drilling Stainless
    As far as cooling the bit goes,I had a "seasoned hand" at ADM tell me he always used Dawn dish soap and vinegar when drilling/sawing SS. He never gave me a factual reasoning why this worked,but I stll use his "formula" even today. Hope this helps.
    Good luck!
    Mike...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MACH4
    started a topic Al. Spoolgun/MM210 vs. MM350P

Al. Spoolgun/MM210 vs. MM350P

I've been doing more Al. work lately and am wondering about the difference I might get stepping up to the 350P.Seems that the 210 with the 3035 gun just doesn't have enough power for the types of repairs that are coming in.Do you feel that the 350P using the 30A gun would be overkill? Looking for comments...
    See more | Go to post

• MACH4
    replied to Wood burning stove for garage
    90blackcrx,
    I heat my shop with a wood stove and my shop is 40'x60' with 20' ceiling. This morning the outside temp. was 30 degrees at 7 am. when I got to shop and my shop temp was 65 degrees. I have to say that my shop is VERY well insulated,R30 ceiling and walls and I also use a heat collecter...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Tanman,
    I own a passport unit and YES you can hook this unit up to a "shop" size bottle. This unit has a port on the rear for attaching a line to a larger external tank. My passport has performed flawlessly in both the shop and in the field. FYI I picked mine up on a Fri. and used...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MACH4
    replied to My first Passport project
    unixadm,
    Picked up my Passport on Fri. afternoon and "played" for awhile at the shop with it on Sat. between projects and got a call to repair an auger hopper on a grain leg late Sat. evening, thought this sounded like a good job to test the new Passport. Although I could'nt use the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MACH4
    replied to 10 or 12 ga cord for MM210?
    Justin00Stang,
    For what it's worth,I run my MM210 in the shop with a 50' cord using #6 SO cord. Runs around $1.45 per foot.
    Mike
    MACH4...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• unixadm,
    Just wanted to let you guys know that I will have my passport on Fri.[15th]
    Went to the Farm Progress show in Decatur and my local dealer had the Miller demo trailer there and played with the Passport for at least 30min.I find it hard to believe this little machine can lay down...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MACH4
    replied to Been gone a while
    pjseaman,
    My thoughts are with you and your family.
    Mike
    MACH4
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• MACH4
    replied to 1st Aluminum Try
    tigman,
    We must have hit the reply at about the same time.But, sounds like we both thought the same thing.
    Mike
    MACH4...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X