Collapse
21 results in 0.0140 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• revpol
    replied to Stick Question
    Gary: I have welded and set procedures on a quite a feww jobs and it really is what the company wants. Sometimes it's 1in open root -1in w/backup strip sometimes it's 3/8 or 1/2in open or backing. The open root is welded most of the time with 6010 up or downhand on the vert. depending on what proceedure...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to Miller suitcase 8VS
    Moe: Have used the BC many times ( stick, tig &mig) I have also the s-32p-12 feeder never had a problem with it. Also tigged with the BC. str. polarity and scratch start tig, just flip it to the rabbit before you start tigging (this helps the starting of the tig) and go. Does a good job. Also while...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    Gary: Amp settings vary from mach. to mach also by wire size of leads,length and many other variables. The main thing you want is to have the puddle "flow". If you're fighting it you are doing something wrong. About the test you are practicing for, 1in is usually only given for unlimited thickness....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    Gary: Normally on a big job you would have to run a plate test (guided bend test). Most of the time it's 3 positions, horiz,vert., and overhead. By reading your post you're going to weld it anyway. By looking at the pics you should be allright. I'am assuming that you are using a experianced operator...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    GaryM: If you are going to weld these in the flat position I'd use the 5/32 rod. Set my mach. at about 150-155 amps and the dig at about 4-5. I would also weld both sides with a 5 pass weld this will give you about a 1/2in weld all the way around. Root pass, 2 to cover the root and 3 for a cap. A little...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to TIG welding tubing
    If you are having problems with the tacking a little trick I've used is to set your machine to weld whatever size wire you're going to use then grab a piece of wire at least 1 dia. size larger use this wire for your tacks. Starting off to the side is okay but you may drag in contaminents in your tacks....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to TIG welding tubing
    First off I don't believe teaching a newbee to dip (stacked dimes) A newbee has enough problems just controlling the arc length, rod in one hand,tortch in the other, finding a comfortable position to even weld on a flat plate for any distance. What I've found best to do is teach a newbee to leave the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 30yrs of tigging under x-ray conditions the only time I ever removed the coating off of 70s wire was when I thought it may have been contaminated with rust. Then I just threw it away. Never have I had a problem with the coating, but I always had a good quality rod from a major filler rod company. You...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to new to tig... help !!!!
    bsims: 3/32 tungsten-3/32 wire the heat setting would be about the same heat as 3/32 7018. Make sure you are on dc straight polarity,15-20 lbs. of argon, tungsten stick-out about 3/8 inch(ground to a good point) and your piece to weld on is ground clean no contaminents. If you are right handed, tortch...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to Air Carbon Arc Gouging
    sometimes you don't want to cut all the way thru something. Maybe like repairing a bad weld then the carbon arc or a flame gouge would do the trick. I don't think with ocasional use you would have any problems with your mach. I've done it plenty of times in the past even "Y'd" two machines...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to Stick welding Question
    GaryM: 7018 dc rod runs electrode posi. 1/8 about 115-125 amps. On taking a 3/8 plate test with a backing strip,vert. posi. you use a slight weave on the root to wash the weld onto the bevels this helps eliminate undercuts & slag entrapments between the weld and bevel. As you fill out the plate...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to tig amperage
    You've got to see what you're doing. Get a lens. Try a 10 or 11 at least. revpol
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to Some TIG Questions
    Sure ,you could weld it all with tig. It's just alot of prep time and a very slow process for what you are doing. Might even be more costly to do considering wire,argon,tungston and grinding wheels. 3/32-7018 will run at about 80-90 amps, 1/8-7018 about 115-125 amps. Personally if I where to use a 60's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to Some TIG Questions
    M.I.G. would be the fastest T.I.G. would be really slow. If you can't mig ,then stick with 7018 electrode pos. Get some 1/8 and 3/32 this rod will run any position, up,down,flat,horiz.and overhead. Revpol
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• revpol
    replied to New to TIG, need suggestions
    Straight argon for tig. will do carbon steel,chromes,stainless and aluminum fine. revpol
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X