Collapse
14 results in 0.0067 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• NewbieMatt
    replied to New Welding Truck
    stickers for toolboxes, truck, etc... My welder stays at home, it's too expensive to babysit. Aluminum is comming along ok, what hurts is the quality of aluminum I am practicing on, unknown alloy, and a supplier of aluminum in my town is no where to be found. Even with metal, we have low grade stuff......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewbieMatt
    replied to New Welding Truck
    I was kinda dissappointed when I got my Dynasty 200DX, and not sticker... Kinda like when you buy performance parts, you get a sticker with it, many people would put their stickers on their car trailors, pit boxes etc... You can't build winning cars without a good welder, and for the professional...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewbieMatt
    replied to Dynasty 200 DX questions
    well being a poor college student myself, I did bite the bullet and go with the 200DX. I did put it on my Credit card, thinking that I would pay it off over 4 months. Made my first payment last month of $900, and I keep getting offers from other card companies for cards that have no interest for the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• how thick of material are you welding? perhaps you need two machines. what kind of production time are you looking at. I know of a guy who builds alcohol funney cars, and he tig welds his frames, but others will mig weld them because it's faster, he's all about the best quality welds etc... and everyone...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewbieMatt
    replied to cyberweld.com
    I ordered my Dynasty from there, only thing I wish I would have known was to get the foot control instead of the rotory thumb control... Seriously, does anyone use a rotory control??? A sliding control I can see working well, but with welding gloves it's hard to do... oh well, gotta save another $165...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewbieMatt
    started a topic Miller instruction CDs

Miller instruction CDs

I was looking at some instruction material, and was considering purchasing their TIG Fundamentals CD, this is a computer cd correct??? Anyone have an opinion on these?
    See more | Go to post

• NewbieMatt
    replied to Cromoly
    After reading this post, I'm confused, are we talking about the driveshaft that sends the power to the rear end, thus propelling the truck down the road??? OR are we talking about an auxiliary PTO, that say, is used to drive a small hydraulic pump for the hoist on the box?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewbieMatt
    replied to Tig craters
    It's hard to get a pic of the problem, but maybe this will help?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewbieMatt
    replied to Tig craters
    yup carbon steel... I'll play around with it tomorrow again, going to clean everything again, and start from square one.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewbieMatt
    replied to Tig craters
    Increasing the post flow didn't do anything. At the end of my welds, it seems like the crater area bubbles, then bursts. If it doesn't burst, it still bubbles, and a light tap with a hammer will burst the bubble once it's cooled. I have tried bringing the heat down gradually, I dunno what's going...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewbieMatt
    started a topic Tig craters

Tig craters

I have got my Dynasty up and running, it's a nice machine, my welds are looking good, except for I always get craters at the end of my welds. Currently I'm playing around on some scrap steel that I have lying around in the garage, I have tried easing off the heat at the end, but that almost seems to...
    See more | Go to post

• NewbieMatt
    started a topic online guide for filler rod?

online guide for filler rod?

Hello again,
    I'm looking for a guide for filler rods, I should be getting my Dynasty tomorrow, and I would like to know what rods to get before i go to the local supply store. To put it short, they act like they are being bothered when they have to help a customer, so I perfer to walk in...
    See more | Go to post

• NewbieMatt
    replied to Dynasty 200DX setup
    I went with the miller accessory kit, I figure I could use my other regulator, and hose and build a back gas purging setup if I ever need it (doubt it). Either way, I should get everything on friday, I hope, I ordered it from cyberweld.com, local shops were way too high. What style of regulator is...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• NewbieMatt
    started a topic Dynasty 200DX setup

Dynasty 200DX setup

I'm considering a Dynasty 200, and I have a couple question. I have a regulator, and most of the stuff needed, except a torch with a thumb control on it. I started off with a scratch start DC setup powered off a buzz box, and have the stuff left over from it. What do I need to complete the setup?...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X