Collapse
8 results in 0.0203 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• thames1948
    replied to grinding down welds?
    Yes , it's a 48 thames panel truck that I am working on. I will get some pix soon.
    Thanks....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thames1948
    Thanks for the info. I agree with what you say, except that I don't think that I said that I didn't have penatration, just worried about it. Also if the frame was a factory engineered built piece instead of home made then I can understand not trying to reinvent the wheel, but I am not satisfied that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thames1948
    Ha, ha, I am somewhere in the middle. I just don't understand why so much of the weld looks like its sitting on top with the heat that I am using. I am all for being safe and that is why I don't mind grinding it out and redoing it. I am not building a frame, just adding to a frame that was already on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thames1948
    Thanks for the info. I am not sure on the gas except it it a mixure, if I remember right, it's 75/25%. Thanks.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• thames1948
    started a topic grinding down welds?

grinding down welds?

Hello
    I am I am new to the board and I am wondering how many times can you grind down a weld and reweld on mild steel before it does something to the metal? Will it make it weaker? The reason I ask is because I am not happy with the welds on my car frame. I am using a mm185 with the settings...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by thames1948; 08-16-2009, 08:03 PM.

• Thanks again to everyone for taking time to answer my questions. I am not sure about how low should I go on amps and wire speed. I thought I would crank up the power to get good penetration. Also would it be better to just push in a straight line or zig zag? I will try to post pic of spacer with lower...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Thanks alot for the info. I think I will bevel it and practice what you said on some scrap first. I am not sure of the load, it is a spacer for lower tubular a-arm on a Mll front crossmember.
    dennis
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• stop and restart with mig question.

Hello
    I am having problems with starting and restarting my weld when going around tubeing. you can really tell where I start and stop. Is there anyway to make it look any better? I can't turn it so I have to run the mig around it.
    Also the tube is aleast 3/8 thick and being butt welded...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X