Collapse
11 results in 0.0066 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• qualls
    replied to Oxy-acetelyne Safety
    I have a Craftsman torch made by Harris. As far as I have ever seen, everything but the emblem is exactly Harris and exchanges with all Harris torch tips, etc. It is about 15 years old. Cuts metal just like any other.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• qualls
    started a topic Drawing on Miller site

Drawing on Miller site

How come there is not an equipment drawing this month on the main Miller website ? The last drawing was for a helmet.
    See more | Go to post

• qualls
    replied to Car Rotisserie
    What's a car rotisserie?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• qualls
    replied to New Welding Truck
    Free Miller Logos

Paint your toolbox, truck, etc. blue. Cut a round circle in cardboard, plywood, etc. for a template. Put 3 pieces of tape diagonally to mask off the 3 diagonal blue lines in the logo. Place round stencil over this and paint everything inside circle white. Remove...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• qualls
    replied to flux cored wire
    Yes the extra lead from the wire feeder is hooked to the work. The LN 25 won't feed wire unless the voltage sensing lead is connected. As for settings, I have tried the whole range, but the best results were in the 75-100 fpm wire range and 23-24 volts CV. I probably need to spend a weekend or two more...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• qualls
    replied to flux cored wire
    The wire feeder is a Lincoln LN 25 (suitcase), runs off welding current, welder is set to CV, new wire right out of the plastic (should be dry), E71T-11 rated wire, .045 diameter. I do have it set to positive polarity, as it welds worse on negative.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• qualls
    started a topic flux cored wire

flux cored wire

I recently bought a flux cored wire feeder to go on my Bobcat and the my dealer got me some Lincoln Innershield NR 211-MP wire to run in it. I usually use 7014 stick electrodes because they weld well, fill quickly, make a smooth, attractive bead, don't spatter much and clean up well. This wire seems...
    See more | Go to post

• By all means go on and start welding. The classes will help you with the questions you have after some trial and error. A good welding textbook will help with basics and just ruin a little scrap wth trial and error. The hardest thing is knowing what equipment you want withour trying some out. I took...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I saw a Bobcat 225 on somebody's website the other day for betweer $2600 and $2700. They used to run them on sale for $2450 not too long ago. Very reliable and good-welding machine. They do not come with any cables, however.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• qualls
    replied to three phase power
    three phase power

There used to be a 3 phase service type called "crazy phase or wild phase" I think in which the 3rd 3 phase leg voltage varies widely when not under load. It levels off when loaded. I don't think this service is common any more - used to be found out in the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• qualls
    replied to trailers
    trailers

Try the University Ag Extension Service in your state. They have many plans (usually free) and should have some trailer plans. Most plans are not online but drawings are available. If you can't find them in your state, I have access to the Tennessee ones (that's my occupation)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X