No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
25 results in 0.0189 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Can't add any value answering your question, but will follow this topic as I am planning to purchasing my first TIG and was thinking about the 180.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gsims
    replied to Desicant dryer for plasma.
    Thanks Ray....running the air flow that direction a good idea. I'm in texas and a lot of humidity in the summer so need to do as much as I can to keep the air dry. Also going to add a condenser and small drip tank between the compressor and the main tank. That...the dryer as well as filters and water...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gsims
    started a topic Desicant dryer for plasma.

Desicant dryer for plasma.

Posted on the projects forum but zip response so try here. Planning on building a desicant dryer and wondering if anyone else has....and any thoughts?

Bouncing around a few ideas and now thinking maybe a 3-foot leanth of maybe 2-1/2 pipe...threaded fittings on the end with screens and...
    See more | Go to post

• Thanks all...and darn auto correct (tight = tig). I see quite a bit on the Everlast equipment. Offshore which always bothers me and when I do spend more I'm never disappointed. But wondered for a entry level tig with some growth use...Everlast on the list at all?

Regardless I'm thinking...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It suggests the Diversion 180. Didn't see what amperage is needed on 230 volts. I'm guessing 30 would do. Currently have a dedicated 30 amps for the 211 or Hypertherm. That will eventually change as building a bigger shop with more power will be available.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gsims
    started a topic First tight welder recommendations

First tight welder recommendations

Any advise on buying a tig? Want AC/DC just so I can tinker with aluminum but home shop use. And having a hard time walking and chewing gum...assume working 2 hands and one foot at once will be a challenge. But just won't show off the first few welds.

I see digital and analog air...
    See more | Go to post

• Not sure on the out if position part...have not done what your plan is but the 211 states it will weld up to 3/8 on both solid or flux core both at full power (10). Difference is the wire feed rate is quite a bit less with the flux core.

.230 is slightly less than 1/4 so I would think...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gsims
    started a topic A why buy American story.

A why buy American story.

I recently purchased a Hypertherm 30 online via WeldSource. Showed up last week...had time on the weekend to tinker a bit. Happy with it. Feels like it'll do everything I need. Now the "dumb me" part.

The 30 comes with a filter built inside but figured I'd buy the Hypertherm...
    See more | Go to post

• gsims
    started a topic Form for Miller reviews?

Form for Miller reviews?

Maybe it exists...I'm accessing this site on a phone app and from looking...I tad vauge compared to full site...but wondered if there is, or if not, would it be a good idea to have a form to "Review Miller Products"?

Simple why you went with Miller...why the model you purchased....and...
    See more | Go to post

• gsims
    started a topic Home made desicant air dryer?

Home made desicant air dryer?

I've been thinking of building one...just wondered if anyone has and any suggestions.

I was going to use an old portable air tank I've got laying around. Mount it to the wall tank ends up and down. Weld a pipe through the side with diffuser holes drilled along its length with the pipe...
    See more | Go to post

• Looks easy to move on the 211...will probably do it post warranty. Plasma cutter will have to look at. Not a lot of space inside from what I recall.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gsims
    started a topic Whats with power switches on the rear?

Whats with power switches on the rear?

Is their some logic in the on/off power switch being on the rear of both my Miller 211 and the Hyperthern? Its a bit of a pain fumbeling along the back edge feeling for the switch. No big deal breaker but curious if anyone knows the logic to the rear?
    See more | Go to post

• gsims
    replied to How stupid can I actually be?
    Well it sounds like not too lonely a club at least. I'm also famous for marking a cut on the wrong side of the inch mark. So 5-1/4 becomes 4-3/4. Hey its 5 + a quarter...just the wrong way from the 5.

But the best is I know a guy that was building a shop. It was going to be 40x60....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• gsims
    started a topic How stupid can I actually be?

How stupid can I actually be?

Last Fruday my Hypertherm plasma cutter showed up. Did a quick test drive on Saturday but had also bought an additional Hypertherm filter ($$$) and wanted to mount it before getting too carried away. Also only used in on 110 volts. But cut darn fine even on 110.

So on the weekend ...
    See more | Go to post

• gsims
    replied to pictures of homemade welding carts
    Very nice job on the cart. It looks like not only a stand for the welder but also a small weld table and turn table. My only concern would be welding sparks falling from the work surface onto the welder but that's minor and a simple shield would fix that....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X