Collapse
19 results in 0.0118 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• shoprat
    replied to looking for work on websites
    thanks for the responses,sorry it took so long to get back computer went dead.ill keep looking and check out those sites.hope things turn around for everyone. shoprat
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shoprat
    started a topic looking for work on websites

looking for work on websites

hello again its been awhile.i just got layed off again,same co as last year
    same time of year too.i have been checking getweldingjobs.com and looking at other states(i am in mn)i was wondering if i should apply or not.i dont know if they hold a job until you get out there to interveiw or not....
    See more | Go to post

• shoprat
    replied to Cracks in Aluminum Weld
    alum. cracks

hey jpmassy i am not an expert but i would try 6061 with that filler or try
    5051? with 5000series alum. i am sure that someone with more exp. will jump in and we can both learn a new tip! good luck shoprat
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shoprat
    replied to SS Tubing Source
    ss tubing

try mcnelius steel (sp.?) in southern mn.thats where the place i work buys from and we do a lot of stainless.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shoprat
    replied to Aluminum tig joint problem.
    tig aluminum

i dont think you can fuse weld aluminum,but i am not positive.i have always used filler rod.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shoprat
    started a topic tradesmen international

tradesmen international

hi again has any body here checked into this outfit for welding jobs and other const. jobs.i saw there listings on career builder and they seem to have work but i kinda think they are a temp hire type just curious if any one called them shoprat
    See more | Go to post

• shoprat
    replied to self employed welders
    thanks so much for all the good info,i really appreciate it.what i was hope to be able to do was to start something on the side and keep the day job for awhile and find my market,i enjoy all welding processes but was going to try to focus on the tig alum. stainless stuff because i dont have a comercial...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shoprat
    thts sounds like the kind of work i am looking for yea i wish i wouldnt have sold the welders but i can always get more.i do mostly stainless at work more mig than tig but i have been buying scrap stainless from work and practicing vert. up and overhead at home with the dynasty i dont really get much...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shoprat
    self employed

thanks fusion king i did try this once before but i didnt really have a ny idea where to find some work.living in the city there didnt seem like much work for a rig outside of the unions so i sold my bobcat250 then went to work where i am now and then sold my mm250/spoolgun...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• shoprat
    started a topic self employed welders

self employed welders

hi again been a while.in regards to coalsmokes post(union/non)i am also trying to start a business and other than pipeline work is ther other options?i am in the operating engineers(not working)and am a welder in a shop(steel workers)but this company is not a good place to be and i think there is going...
    See more | Go to post

• shoprat
    started a topic 900.00 big 40 radiator

900.00 big 40 radiator

hello again can anybody tell me why a radiator for big 40 woul cost 900.00 when i can get one for my diesel pu for 3-400?i am asking for a friend that bought the welder from me 2 yrs.ago(it was fine when i sold it!!)but it sat most of the time and he started it up and it leaked took it to a repair...
    See more | Go to post

• shoprat
    started a topic goverment sponsored racing

goverment sponsored racing

i was wondering if the military pays for the army drag racing team and any other ones i think air force has a monster truck team.it kinda makes me mad if they do because its a very exspensive business to be involved in.and a few other reasons i can think of,anybody know if they are spending tax dollars...
    See more | Go to post

• shoprat
    started a topic tig school

tig school

hello again been off line for awhile.i am wondering if there is a school or class just for tig welding.i have the dynasty 300 dx and would like to learn how to get the most out of it and steer my career into a more advanced welding job or self employment.currently i mig wald mostly at work and dont...
    See more | Go to post

• shoprat
    started a topic hood painting

hood painting

hello again i am curious about painting w. hood.i have a speed-glass and its pretty boring looking and was wondering if you would have to use a special kind of paint because of the heat and spatter.would a clear coat keep it from discoloring? thanks for any info,not sure i'll do it but am interest...
    See more | Go to post

• shoprat
    replied to Making $$
    making money

the thing about an oragami business is you got to watch out you dont leave a paper trail...ha ha !!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X