Collapse
5 results in 0.0151 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• KC@TAC
    replied to Ss Shielding Gases
    Thanks to all for the advice. It looks like I will continue to use the 3 mix. I was just hoping to reduce some costs. Thanks again.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KC@TAC
    started a topic Ss Shielding Gases

Ss Shielding Gases

I am looking for information on the best type of shielding gas to use when mig welding stainless steel base metals. The base metals we are welding are T304 & T316. Note: we are not joining the 2 different types of metals, just seperate projects. Our base metal thicknesses range from 0.053"...
    See more | Go to post

• KC@TAC
    replied to Alum. MIG Welding
    Thanks for the suggestions. I will try the 4043 / 0.035 and when I get the results I will let you know how it worked out.

I am assuming the 4043 will have a lower tensile strength??? In this application I do not think it will matter. The application mandates only a watertight seam and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KC@TAC
    replied to Alum. MIG Welding
    The base material is new material which had a pvc coating on one side to prevent handling scratches and dings. (pvc coating removed before welding)

The results I have seen so far have been low fusion in the short arc mode and lots of spatter & popping.

The spray arc...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• KC@TAC
    started a topic Alum. MIG Welding

Alum. MIG Welding

I am having problems with MIG welding aluminum. The base material is 5052-H32 aluminum with a thickness of 0.080". I am running an ER5356 filler @ 0.025 diameter wire through a spool gun. The base metal is clean and I am triing to hold a 10 to 15 degree push angle on the torch. I have tried various...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X