Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• george lathbury
    replied to Getting the word out
    Advertise

Hi Guys/Gals,
    Just a suggestion, but all of you out there are on computer, so, Make yourself up a small flyer, take one day a week, say, Monday, and go out and politic with builders, heavy equipment users, or whatever vinue you want to tap. It just takes one or two to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• george lathbury
    replied to flux cored wire
    Excuse me, for butting in, but the voltage and wire speed you discribe would be about right for spray transfer, if you had a gas shield and were using solid wire. Oh, BTW I use a 2% oxy, 10 co2, and 88% Argon.
    For short arc it seems to me that you need for: .045 wire, about the same ranges you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hey Brubin,
    The easiest and quickest way to get most of the info you need is go by your nearest steel supply and just ask for a catalog. You will find std. weights, sizes and specs. I use several suppliers so I have many cross references.
    Geo
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• george lathbury
    replied to How reliable are they
    Hi All,
    I have in my shop 2 used Lincoln SP200 welders. I bought them both for $400.00 in 1997, they have been in service everyday and the only thing I have done is replace the fan blade on one of them, it spun the center. I also bought a used Miller Pulstar450 for $1,100.00 with wire feeder,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• george lathbury
    replied to trailers
    If you are building trailers professionally, try http://www.qtrailer.com , really good folks, I have been dealing with them for a few years now, it was just too expensive to buy parts from Northern Handyman and try to compete with people that make a 16 ft. two axel, 7,000# car trailer that can retail...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X