20 results in 0.0115 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• weldteacher
    replied to May bluepower get banned!
    Sir,
    I read the posts the you placed and I did not read where anyone was cutting you down untill you started getting defensive/offensive. No one on this board want confrontation. We are all here trying to help eachother through the tough spots. No one person knows it all no matter how much...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldteacher
    started a topic May bluepower get banned!

May bluepower get banned!

This is not the place for those kind of outbusts.
    See more | Go to post

• A message to Bluepower.
    CALM DOWN!
    Since you're a junior member here you do not need to get tosed out on your ear.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Carson
    10ga. wire is rated at 30amps up to 100 feet. I use a rubber coated "SOW" grade cable for my cords. Ask your local commercial electrical supplier for advice and the parts.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldteacher
    replied to What To Start With
    Mozark6,
    Let's start with a few questions for you.

-What voltage and amperage do you have available for the machine?
    -How portable do you really need it?
    -How thick are the beams that you need to weld to?
    -Are you willing to remove paint, rust, grease and/or...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldteacher
    started a topic Safety Corner

Safety Corner

I'm glad that this forum was started. Thanks, Miller Electric!
    So, here's what I hope to be my addition to the forum/trade,
    "The Safety Corner".

Some things are often overlooked even by experianced tradesmen. It seems that we (me included) get complacent about...
    See more | Go to post

• weldteacher
    replied to Can I Mig weld? . . .
    It sure is great to see new talent entering the trade.

Onempg,
    Your choice of machines is perfect for your application. The 175 has plenty of power to handle auto work and light trailer frames with ease. The 30% duty cycle isn't a worry, because, you'd have to run it WFO on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Calplus,
    Anodized aluminum is a "bear" to weld as you found out. Here's why; the anodizing process creates a non-conductive, super hard and thick barrier to corrosion. The reason that you have a hard time getting a good appearing bead is the surface already a form of aluminum oxide....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldteacher
    replied to Alum. MIG Welding
    KC, If it is not a requirment to use 5356, don't. 5356 has a high amount of magnesium in it so it spatters and is a mess to run. 4043 is a much better apearing bead because of the silicon content of the wire. The silicon causes the aluminum to "wet out" better at the edges and be smoother...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldteacher
    replied to Dual Shield Flux Wire
    Hawk,
    My experiance with FCAW is not the greatest, but, I teach my students to use a "spray" or "stick" type of an arc with an generous stick out(1/2"-5/8"with .045). Since you switched to the 95-5 gas I would expect to a see spray type and much hotter arc. The...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldteacher
    replied to Gas Coverage
    Grego,
    First set the post flow timer to at least 30 seconds on an air cooled torch. That will solve the oxidizing problem with the electrode unless you're waving it around after the weld. I instruct my students to hold the torch over the end of the bead for five seconds after letting off the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• RPM,
    The problem with automotive antifreeze is it is conductive. It tends to bleed the high frequency voltage from the torch to ground. So you may have hard arc starts. I have also used it for years at high currents. But, I've often feared the it would clog up the tiny lines in the torch...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• You can also find those pumps in the Northern Tool and Equipment catalog and web site. They are always less expencive than Grainger.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• A simple sump pump like those used in parts washers will work just fine. You should not need much pressure, just flow. If you use tig torch antifreeze instead of water the lubricity of the coolant will make the pumps you where using last longer. You shouldn't used automotive antifreeze because it...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• weldteacher
    replied to need hf help
    Garcia, If you place the torch tip near the table and a spark jumps the gap without depressing the pedal there is a stuck relay in the machine. Also, check to see if there is static on the phone with the machine in "stick" mode. Good luck.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X