21 results in 0.0104 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• garcia
    replied to Question: Big Window Elite
    Thanks Andy...

have been away from the machine, and didn't get to your answer until today. But late thanks anyway. I'll go with it and put it inside the helmet. Didn't want to open the sealed plastic bag if it was the wrong stuff.
    García
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    started a topic Question: Big Window Elite

Question: Big Window Elite

I see the Big Window Elite is back on the top again. I have mine. "Love it". Ordered the magnifying lense from my local Miller dealer. Part # 212241(as given by Andy). After waiting an eternity(2 weeks) for the lense I picked it up this afternoon. My question for Andy, Hawk, or anyone that...
    See more | Go to post

• Big Window Elite Magnifying Glasses??!?!

Thanks to Hawk's great review, I have ordered the Elite Big Window Welding Helmet, but I have been searching for 30 minutes for a website that sells the 2.25 Mag lenses and I cannot find one anywhere. I found a few mag lenses but they are not made for the Big Window Elite. I saw the product number...
    See more | Go to post

• garcia
    replied to 18 Ga. Newbee?
    English Wheel

Blondie:try this link.
    http://www.eastwoodco.com/search.asp...=&cat=&SubCat=
    I hope it opens, if not, go to the Eastwood.com site and hunt for it.
    G.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    replied to Tig Arc Starting
    ...if you wish

to call it that. The high frequency starts the arc the minute you push on the pedal, even if it's half an inch away.
    G.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    replied to Tig Arc Starting
    If that is a Miller Syncrowave 180 SD you are talking about, it is not a scratch start. I don't know what to call it, but you push on the pedal, and it starts the arc. Beautifull, automatic if you wish.
    G.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    replied to Chem-Sharp
    Flat-0ut: how about checking this site:

http://www.welding-direct.com/

http://www.welding-direct.com/tigtorches.html
    It's on the bottom of the second link. Hope this helps,
    G.

Sharpens Tungstens without Grinding, Splintering,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    replied to Car Rotisserie
    A "whatshumacallit"

that you can attach a vehicle to it, lock it in place, lift it, and slowly turn it to a determined angle.
    Nice to get to the underside of a car, but warning: might start seeing oils and other fluids leaking out.
    G.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    replied to Car Rotisserie
    90-angle's

reinforcements on the weak points should be able to help support the weight. (JMO)
    G.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    started a topic Procrastinating/need advise

Procrastinating/need advise

Broke the skeg on my outboard motor. I have talked to diff. people, and some tell me that I can do it in place. Others that I have to drop the lower unit. I understand that I have to keep the unit cool(wet rags) to avoid ruining the seals. I need some opinions from any of you guys that have welded a...
    See more | Go to post

• garcia
    replied to New Welding Truck
    It's just nice...

to show off the stuff that you have and use. I'm just getting started, about 5.000, but I would also like to be able to display what I have, and use. I agree with you guys, that the Miller people should have big stickers to put on your vehicles.
    García
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    replied to Controler
    Thanks...

guys. I'll talk to my Miller supplier and see if he has them to "try". I would hate to buy something and not be what I wanted. At least it will be a start.
    García
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    started a topic Controler

Controler

I really like the trigger control on my Mig. Is there anything like that for a Tig? The more you squeeze, the "hotter" it'll get. I have a slipped disk, and using my foot on my control makes it painfullon my back after a while.
    Thanks,
    García
    See more | Go to post

• garcia
    replied to Aluminum cleaner
    Thanks

Hawk: I'm using a Syncrwave 180 sd. Using a cleaning solution that has HYDRFLOURIC ACID and PHOSFORIC ACID plus some "Surfactant" I have also tried using a S.S. brush. I keep on getting mixed results. Some pretty clean weld spots, and some dirty ones.
    Greg: thanks...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• garcia
    started a topic Aluminum cleaner

Aluminum cleaner

I know that I'm just a beginner, but I'm getting tired of seeing a pretty "puddle" of shinny aluminum all of a sudden turn dirty. What be used mechanically and chemically to avoid contamination?
    Thanks,
    García
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X