37 results in 0.0098 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• whatter
    replied to Celebrity endorsements
    Celebrity Endoursements

Hey Guys, thanks for all the positive comments about NASA. it is nice to know that people still support the program. By the way the OCC Crew handled the Q&A session with alot of class. They even allowed a couple of ladies from the crowd to come up and give...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    replied to Celebrity endorsements
    Celebrity Endorsements

Hello again,

I didn't mean to flame in my original post. I work at JSC NASA. This last Monday the OCC crew showed up to announce that they were building a Bike to honor the Space Shuttle Crews. I think that is wonderful. With all the bad press...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    started a topic Celebrity endorsements

Celebrity endorsements

Hi,

Been away from the board for a while. I just read a thread about Jesse James endorsing Esab. I think the smart thing to do is decide exactly what your requirements are and pick the best machine to meet your needs and budget. Before I bought my Tig machine I obsessed over red vs...
    See more | Go to post

• Speedglass

Hey Andy,

Nice Boat! I think my skill level would have to increase a little before I took on a project like that. By the way, I noticed the Speedglass Helmet in your picture. You would think a high dollar outfit like Miller would comp you a Big Window Elite....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    replied to Mig Tig and roll cages
    Race car chassis

Andy,

I assume all the tubing is chrome moly and all the plate is mild steel? It is painful for me to look at your welds, your Mig welds look better than my Tig welds! Also the heat affected zone on your Tig seems to be very very small. Any special tricks?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    replied to need electrode procedure
    Balled tungsten

It is me again,

I forgot the most important tip for welding Al. Make sure your Al is really clean. Both the work and the filler. If you don't you will get an ugly mess.

Good Luck,
    W. Hatter
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    replied to need electrode procedure
    balled tungsten

Hi,

Hawk had a post on what tungsten to use with a Dynasty. You aren't supposed to ball the tungsten when welding Al with the Dynasty. Grind it to a point and then flatten it slightly. Works like a charm. By the way, you made the right choice. I learned...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    replied to First Helmet?
    Auto Darkening Helmets

Hi,

I have been welding a couple of years now and I started out with an auto darkening helmet, a Speedglass 9000v. This much I can tell you from experience, you probably don't need one for Mig welding. However it makes learning stick and tig alot...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    replied to Thermal arc pro-wave 185TSW ??
    Thermal Arc 185

Hi,
    I looked real hard at buying a Thermal Arc 185 instead of a Dynasty 200dx. If you do a search on this board you will probably find, the discussion I had with Hawk and others about the 185. I downloaded the manual for the Thermal Arc and one of the things that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    replied to MIG wire again
    Mig wire again

I haven't checked the humidity in my house, but my air conditioner drain shows I am pulling large amounts of water from the air. I am beginning to think the real problem might be where I am purchasing the wire. Although I am buying my wire from one of the larger welding...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    started a topic MIG wire again

MIG wire again

Hi,

I noticed several members are from Houston. I am in Clear Lake near NASA. I have had trouble with Mig wire rusting here because of the humidity. Looks like I might have to buy some sort of oven in order to store my wire. A past posting mentioned a descicant and storing the wire...
    See more | Go to post

• whatter
    replied to Band Saws
    Band Saw

Well I tried out the new Band Saw and am pleased with its operation. It makes really nice cuts as long as you don't go too fast. It works best as a horizontal band saw, marginally as a vertical band saw. The bottom line is it is a really good tool for the money (ie $269)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    replied to Band Saws
    Bandsaw

Thanks for all the insight. I actually bought one of these today and I look forward to seeing how well it works. I will be cutting 3/16 x 3 angle and 2" square tubing. I think this thing will be more accurate than my abrasive chop saw. It might make my corners a little...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• whatter
    started a topic Band Saws

Band Saws

I have been looking at buying a Portable Bandsaw. When I went to the local tool store they had a small vertical/horizontal metal band saw by Jet for $279. This thing looks like it may be a better deal than a portaband. Has anybody on the board has any experience with these? Jet Model HVBS56M....
    See more | Go to post

• Picture worth a thousand words

**** that is some nice welding! Gives me something to strive for.

W. Hatter
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X