No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
84 results in 0.0322 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Millermatic 200 on aluminum tips please.

Hi everyone. I've done quite a bit of tig welding on aluminum and more than my fair share of mig on steel. What I haven't done much of is migging aluminum. The boss tells me that the old spool gun on the Millermatic 200 is probably shot and he wants to buy a new one. So my FIRST question is: Which spool...
    See more | Go to post

• Revlimit
    started a topic Welding 6062 D2

Welding 6062 D2

Hi again everyone. I've just been asked if I can weld two pieces of 6062 D2 together and have them stay together without any future problems. Since I'm not familiar with this material, I don't know what questions to ask on the subject in terms of the hurdles I am facing. Instead of asking can I do this...
    See more | Go to post

• Revlimit
    replied to What is the purpose
    I agree, the 350P is a profit maker. The speed, precision and quality this machine allows me when welding 1" square tube (0.65 wall) aluminum is unmatched by any other process I've used. Tig can't touch it in terms of small bead size. This machine has more than doubled production in the shop. That's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Revlimit
    replied to weld a piston?
    First, I wash the piston well of course, then dremel any areas that need to be prepped, I then wash with acetone, and secure the piston well so it won't move. Then I ground it with a spring clip attached to a jumper wire that's connected directly to the ground clamp on the machine (Synchrowave 250 DX)....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Revlimit
    replied to weld a piston?
    I've welded multiple forged racing pistons from Richard Childress racing. Used 4043. These pistons were run in an alcohol sprint car making 1000 hp and not one hint of failure upon teardown of the engine after crank failure. This filler blended beautifully with the parent forging.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I can't remember the last time I cut one. Been doing it so long with the 36's that I can't imagine any other way.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Revlimit
    replied to Contamination problem
    I've also gone to Stainless rod in these cases and it has been a cure for problems like this. Since all we use is 316L, this has been what I have used.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Revlimit
    replied to Anyone here do 4130 chassis'?
    Powerstroke.....funny, the only time I've ever truly needed a finger control was when I was welding on a Formula SAE car at Florida. I literally wedged myself through the nose of the chassis and "pulsed" the .035" moly tubing by wedging the footpedal between myself and the side of the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Those guys are dead men riding.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Revlimit
    replied to Help codes on mm350p
    I've noticed on ours that if I happen to be pushing the trigger as the machine is booting up from the initial flip of the switch, it will give me an error message. I just turn it back off, then on again with no problems.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Revlimit
    replied to lets see
    Well, theory is great to keep the wheels turning, but practical knowledge keeps the doors open. So, without practical application, there's plenty of time for theory
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Man, that thing has to push like a dump truck on corner exit!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Szelag, like so many other race fans, I turned off F1 after it became the Michael Schumacher show. Yeah, I realize it's more competitive now, and the degree of engineering is phenomenal, but there still is just too little passing for it to be fun in my opinion. BUT, although I lost the passion for F1,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Revlimit
    replied to Al. Mig
    Sure, although we don't usually take alot of pics of our work, I'm sure I have some or can take a few. Yes, the 350p does a great job of filling gaps. It's one of the things I like so much about the machine.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Revlimit
    replied to Al. Mig
    I use the 350p quite often on anodized. It sure does a sweet job and leaves a nice weld. As far as the set-up, I've found that this machine really likes the factory recommended settings that are in the front door of the unit. Especially when welding aluminum.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X