Collapse
24 results in 0.0059 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Moe
    replied to MM210
    RawkRash is correct. You initially set the output voltage on the nearest tap needed(according to the chart), then adjust the wire speed to fine tune. At least that's the way I use it and it works fine like this.

I also have a MM210 and it is a great little machine for the money. For...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied to trailers
    Champion

Champion Trailer Parts and supply in Slidell Louisiana has one of the largest stock of trailers parts, plans I've seen anywhere. They even have a few nice free plans for single and double axle trailers on their site. Go to:

http://www.championtrailers.com/
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied to Looking for advice
    Yep..... The same thing pistol8 and HAWK said. I concur with both.

I have a MM 210 with spoolgun package (my first machine) and I'm very glad I went with the larger machine. If you can afford it, spend the extra bucks and go with the extra power.

I weld steel, aluminum...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied to trailblazer exciter
    I've never used this machine before so I'm probably ignorant in jumping in here.

Is the engine governor mechanism clean and operates easily? If a governor engine does not increase rpm under load, then you might want to get it checked out.

I had a sticking governor on...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied to 3035 Spool Gun
    Thanks for that info.

I recently replaced the "stock" factory (psi) regulator on the argon bottle with a high output (flow metered) ball regulator. I find that I get a MUCH better purge and MUCH cleaner welds with a higher flow. I'll try a higher flow on the 7 tap this weekend...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    I believe we were ok with the stickout. The tips are the tapered type, and the package the tips come in say that they are rated for 150 amps.

They melted from the tip of the tip on down. Some worse than others.

Let me know how your push bumbers come out and the exact...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    Pistol8,

The setup is 5356 .035 wire with the machine on tap 7. It did not matter where we tried to set the wire speed although we tried several settings between 65 and max. We were welding 1/2" beveled plate to sch 80 pipe. Pull the trigger, melt the tip. That quick nearly every...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    Andy,

According to the specifications listed at the address below, the 3545, 15A and 30A spoolguns are not recommended for use with the MM 210 welder.

1. Can you explain why these spoolguns are not recommended? and

2. If I was to look at buying a 30A spoolgun...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    Andy... Exactly the case.. 1/2" Alum plate to sch 80 pipe for padeyes.

We worked around the problem by spending more time in the prep work and beveling the plate, then making multiple passes at a lower votlage with the same speed on the wire feed (Tap 6 setting and 82 speed). Fusion...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied to Question for Pistol8
    Andy,

A friend of mine does exactly the same thing as your dad did with the refrigerator, except he uses an old, large microwave oven, which he keeps on top of his shop refrigerator (the one with the compressor hooked up)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied to Can I Mig weld? . . .
    If I can mig weld, then I can pretty much guarantee that you can too. Point and shoot? Not quite, but close. All it takes is a little practice to get the hang of it, and of course asking questions on this forum. You'll be fine. Go for it!!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    I am using 5356 wire. This is for marine aluminum...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    I am under the impression....

that the 3045 parts will not interchange with the 3035. If I can do this, then I will definitely try it.......
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied to Mig Welder selection
    I just purchased a MM 210 mig welder with the aluminum spool gun package a couple of months. This thing works really great!

The mig gun w/.035 wire is excellent on steel up to 3/8" in a single pass. I welded up a bunch of plate (1/4" and 3/8") just last week with excellent...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Moe
    replied to Alum. MIG Welding
    What are the results with your present settings exactly? Burn through? Low fusion? Is the material new, used and cleaned, painted before, exposed to salt water, etc???

I just went through an ordeal welding aluminum with 5356 filler. The biggest difference was that I was mig welding...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X