Collapse
18 results in 0.0166 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• CaptNemo
    replied to Car Trailer Plans
    Sorry, I should have said 18' bed length, including the 2' dovetail. The tongue will be in addition to the 18' dimension.
    On the axles, I need to be able to open the door on the car without interfering with the fender. Drop axles will lower the deck height relative to the top of the tire and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CaptNemo
    started a topic Car Trailer Plans

Car Trailer Plans

I am looking at building a car hauler trailer. My pre-built trailer was stolen a couple of months ago, and the local police don't seem like they are very interested in finding it. I remember 10secbu built one that looked like a well built piece, so I'm looking for plans to build one.

See more | Go to post

• CaptNemo
    replied to Poor Shop Safety on TV
    You should try diving for the USACE. Section 30 of EM385-1-1 dated November 2004 is a pretty good read. Doing the AHA's area hoot, too....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• OK, now I have a better feel for what you're doing. The Snychro 250 is a great machine. I was looking at inverters when they salesman showed me the Synchro. They had it as a return with about a hour of useage on it so they swung me one heck of a deal to clear it off the books. They also took in the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I hate to be the fly in the ointment, but if you're only doing mild steel, a Tig is a waste of money and shop space. The MM210 is the proper tool for the job.

That being said, a Tig opens up the ability to weld aluminum, stainless and 4130 materials. Once you start welding aluminum you...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• We use BROCO rods in our underwater cutting ops. They seem to cut through everything that we ever ask them to. They even work well on encrusted wire rope and chain, sometimes using a striker plate.

They are messy when used topside. The blow slag and sparks everywhere.

Broco...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CaptNemo
    replied to Synchrowave vs. Dynasty ????
    The Synchrowave came home last week. Now I'm all blue, and this machine kicks the tail of the Lincoln 175 ( I know, not a fair comparison )
    The water cooled torch is much easier to work with, the machine even had the pulser installed. They swung me one heck of a deal, as the machine was returned...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CaptNemo
    replied to Synchrowave vs. Dynasty ????
    What I meant to say, is that he sees more inverters being used in the field and getting knocked around, rained on and gereraly abused compared to the Synchrowave which is a shop welding source, where they don't see that type of treatment.

Any more input from the members ???
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CaptNemo
    started a topic Synchrowave vs. Dynasty ????

Synchrowave vs. Dynasty ????

About 6 months ago, I bought a Lincoln Squarewave TIG 175 Pro ( I would have prefered to stay all BLUE, but I got a good deal on it ), and am now looking to upgrade.

So, I am looking at either the Synchrowave 250DX or a Dynasty 200DX with the Contractor package.
    Portability isn't...
    See more | Go to post

• CaptNemo
    replied to Me and my shinny new MM210
    Your House, if it's in the USA or Canada has 120/240 single phase electrical service, unless something else was specified ( Not likely )208 VAC three phase is stricty industrial and marine. The idea with 208 is that you can measure between any of the 3 "Hot" legs and the neutral and have 120...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CaptNemo
    replied to Helmet / shield bag
    Thanks
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CaptNemo
    Can the bags be ordered from the Company Store or are they available from the Welding Supply only.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CaptNemo
    The 9000X has a sensitivity adjustment when in the TIG mode. This hood is dynamite. I'd rather take a butt kicking than give this hood up and go back to a fixed shade.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• CaptNemo
    started a topic Helmet / shield bag

Helmet / shield bag

I just bought a Speedglas 9000X welding helmet, and I'd rather not let it get beaten up in the shop. Who has a decent welding helmet bag at a resonable cost ?

See more | Go to post

• CaptNemo
    replied to Plasma Cutter ????
    I'll play with the adjustments tonight.

I'm getting a clean, straight cut ( no drag ). I'll do some experimenting w/ cutting speed, etc.

Is there a chart that shows metal thickness vs. amperage vs. air pressure that I missed ??
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X