Collapse
19 results in 0.0134 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Charlie C
    replied to hitch tube
    Call around the local steel suppliers. That is where I get mine, it is somewhat more spendy.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied to Just for fun again
    You cut a hole in the ice. Put some peas around the hole. When the bear comes to eat the peas you run up and kick him in the ice hole. Or something to that effect.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I started farm welding when I was 15 and that was 50 years ago. I have never welded as a pro but what I do weld usually stays togeather.

I built my first welder from a distrubition transformer. I got it from the local power company(try and get a transformer now, libility reasons). All...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied to Flash Burn?
    Several years ago my Father was working in a shop where welding was being done and he received a real bad flash burn. About 2AM he called the wife and had her take him to the emergency room and have some oitment put in the eyes to kill the pain.

Protect your eyes.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied to rebar rings how to bend.
    Thanks Mossyoak, here is what I finally came up with. You can roll different size rebar if you want to make the dies for the size that you are going to bend.

What you discribe seems like a good way also but as you said it could bite you bad.
    Dam that picture link did not work well...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by Charlie C; 12-09-2006, 07:41 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied to Boots
    Just purchased a pair of Redwings a couple of weeks ago for $135. Spendy, but I am good for the next three years.
    I have worn RW for the last 45 years and there have been times that I have purchased other makes of boots but have always come back to RW's

This pair has a tag that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied to plasma cutter
    Pile, have you used your air for sandblasting?

I have a 4 cylinder gas engine rotary air comp that I use for sandblasting. After I have used it for a period of time moisture gets into the sand and starts plugging up the tube.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied to wrought iron fence
    If you live in an area where temptures get down to freezing you will want to leave a small weep hole at the bottom to let any condensate get out.

Water will collect in the tube and freeze and turn your square tube some what round with a long split in it.

I built a railling...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• you preheat the oven to 450* Place the job in the oven, when the power coating flows out(gets shinney, takes about 15 minutes) turn the oven down to 400* for about 20 minutes. Turn off and let cool and you are good to go.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• M Man I used an old tool box about 8 ft. long and 24 inches square. Around this tool box I built an angle iron frame and attached the frame to the old tool box. That was a mistake, let the inerbox float. The heat will warp things if the tool box was not able to float. I had to go back and cut the frame...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied to You might be a weldor if....
    You pick up a piece of steel that you just welded.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied to Welding Cast Iron?
    MontanaMan befor using the tank for air pressure hydrotest the tank to maybe 150 to 200% of what you will be using for working pressure. Using a water tank is real riskey business. You might not be as lucky as Alky. If I am telling you something that you already are aware of please excuse me.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    replied to Flat bar ring roller
    Sorry I have not answered your question Jim. WB5 is correct the bearing blocks do slide up and down in the slots. The bolt through the the bar is what puts pressure on the blocks.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Charlie C
    started a topic Flat bar ring roller

Flat bar ring roller

Hi all,
    A few days ago I asked about a rebar ring roller, it seems that there is not too many plans for a machine to roll rebar rings. So I guess I will make a machine based on the machine it the pictures for rolling rebar rings.

I built the machine to roll flat bar and now I...
    See more | Go to post

• Charlie C
    replied to rebar rings how to bend.
    Thanks sstec
    I started the rollers to day. The rolls have been faced and holes bored for the shafts also worked on the frame some. Have it in the mill and have worked one edge stright. Have to go to the big city tomarrow so that is a wasted day.

I am getting the shop ready to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X