No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
22 results in 0.0133 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Wow, sorry to see that you were treated so harshly. Please try not to get discouraged.

Lincoln has affordable welding classes. I think you can get in a 4-5 day class for less than $600 (plus travel expenses). I don't know if Miller offers these same classes.

Corrections...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    started a topic Torch for Millermatic 130

Torch for Millermatic 130

Anyone have a torch for a Millermatic 130 they would be interested in selling? The owner's manual refers to an M-15 torch.

Thanks for any help,
    Paul Lohr
    See more | Go to post

• Sorry if this is a bit off topic. Hole saws don't seem to last when used on metal. I use a good bit of oil when cutting but even so, they dull quickly and sometimes the teeth break. What about using an end mill (square end) in a tubing notcher instead of a hole saw?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    replied to Aluminum TIG - tiny bumps in weld
    Booker, Sundownhill, Bob and Fabman: thank you for your help. I am overwhelmed with the quality and amount of help you guys provided. Thanks very much.

In summary I have a few things to do:
    -Work on the technique.
    -Try 5356 rods.
    -Move balance control to 7/8 area...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    started a topic Aluminum TIG - tiny bumps in weld

Aluminum TIG - tiny bumps in weld

I am learning to TIG weld aluminum. I have some tiny bumps appearing in the welds. The bumps are about the size of a granule of table salt. I don't think the tiny bumps should be there. My puddle control still needs work (thankful for any suggestions that might come on this also). The aluminum shown...
    See more | Go to post

• pml
    replied to Disassembling 14-pin remote plug
    Thanks everyone for helping.

The amperage control is working now, it was a cut wire near the remote. The wire would conduct if the torch was at a certain angle. There was a good bit of electrical tape that was covering the cut wire. Soldered it back together and it is working perfect....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    I tested the plug with the ohm meter. The switch works, the potentiometer works, and the resistance is correct. I took the remote PC board off the machine. The plug is soldered well, everything looks fine there. I am going to put it all back together and try the remote amperage control again with the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    Thank you gentlemen for taking your time to help.

Following cruizer's suggestion, I disconnected and inspected the Molex plug at the PC board. Both sides of the Molex plug looked good so I put that back together.

I did get the Amphenol 14-pin plug apart. There was one...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    Thanks for adding your issue to the thread. One time my remote provided amperage control and never again. That is why I was thinking the problem is an intermittent connection.

Do you know who makes your remote and what the model number is?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    started a topic Disassembling 14-pin remote plug

Disassembling 14-pin remote plug

Syncrowave 350LX, built around 1998, serial is KJ232523.

I am pretty sure that one of the wires in the 14-pin remote plug has pulled off its terminal. The remote will enable the arc but seems to have no affect on amperage. The panel is set to remote for both the current and output controls...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by pml; 01-03-2011, 05:34 PM.

• pml
    replied to shielding gas tank
    Thanks very much for your help, gentlemen.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    started a topic shielding gas tank

shielding gas tank

A friend gave me a tank of shielding gas. The tank has stargon in it which I have no use for. I would like to trade if for an argon/helium mix. I have taken the tank to two local shielding gas suppliers - both said the tank was not purchased from them so they could not fill or exchange it. The tank...
    See more | Go to post

• pml
    replied to Fuel swirl/surge tank.
    A. Graham Bell briefly discusses swirl pots in his book, Forced Induction Performance Tuning. He shows an illustration of a swirl pot without a baffle. I don't see a need for a baffle because the pressure pump is drawing from the bottom of the swirl pot. One difference between your design and Mr. Bell's...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    replied to stainless steel for body repairs
    Thanks for your responses ShieldArc, Denny, and Ronnie.

Denny, I was thinking of using stainless steel to build patch panels for rust repair rather than using mild steel. I had not thought about what filler rod to use yet (probably tig process).
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• pml
    started a topic stainless steel for body repairs

stainless steel for body repairs

Has anyone attempted using stainless steel for automotive body repairs? It seems to make sense due to the improved corrosion resistance. I wonder if body filler will adhere to stainless as good as it sticks to mild steel?

I was thinking of using a tig.

Thanks for any help,...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X