No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
42 results in 0.0744 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I use 1.5% Lantherated in various sizes for just about everything nowadays. That is what Hawk recommended for the Dynasty 200. He also recommended the 2 % Lantherated for the higher output on the Dynasty 300. I am very happy with 1.5% lantherated. I have tried most of them and except for use on my...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to tell us a bit about yourself
    Harold, 69 in April Electronics Engineer, Retired as Engineering Test Manager from a large aerospace corp. in 93. Bought a small 10 acre flower ranch in San Diego, A bunch of heavy earth moving equipment and needed to start welding in a much bigger way. Started welding as a hobby in 1964 when I work...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to Gary's Welding Trailer Project
    Excellent Project

Gary that is an excellent project, great design and the implementation, craftsmanship and detail is outstanding. About the best I've seen. The documentation and pictures are top notch too.
    Harold
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to Dynasty 200 DX Questions
    a couple good reasons to consider the Dynasty 200 DX.

1 Quality and capability of the unit is unsurpassed for its size and rating.
    Auto line and Auto Link allowes you to use any power source at any time
    1 phase or 3 phase 110 volt 220 240 440 etc. No rewiring...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to Auto Dark question
    I believe it is because most inverters can weld at much lower currents than most transformer units.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to Miller Stick welder...
    Congratulation on your MM210. I just love mine had it for 2 years now. For tig or stick the SD180 is a pretty good bet, I like mine and still have it even though I broke down and got a Dynasty 200 DX. The SD 180 is comperable to the MM210 in size, high quality and a keeper for all around shop stuff....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to I need turntable suggestions
    You might want to look into a old tv rotor or ham radio rotor. Lots of power and all you would need is to mount a stub pipe with a small table or platform large enough to mount your part.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to Bench grinders
    I have a craftsman 8". Its very old and has seen many many years (40+) of hard use and abuse; It still runs strong. However I doubt you can get that qualitry in craftsman any more. Nowdays they are very light and mostly plastic. I also have a baldor pedistal grinder for carbide tools; really expensive...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to Miller price increase??
    Computers & Cell Phones + Digital Cameras to name a few
    Harold
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to fathers day haul
    Hawk we will remember you and your dad in our prayers today. Hope he improves.
    Harold
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to Aluminum Tank
    Not sure I would use 1100 filler. I have been cautioned a few times not to use it for any structural welds unless it was the recommended filler for the material being used. I know it flows nice and looks good but...
    Also probably the reason my suppliers dont stock it in any large quantity....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hawk

I'd be interested in the headgear info also. Even though I only weld an hour or so / month It is annoying to have to tighten it up so tight to hold it up when fitting or grinding and then have to loosen it up to lower it.Other than this qwirk its a super helmet.
    Harold....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to Confused about tig purchase!
    classj
    Don't believe you could go wrong with any of the machines your looking at. As far as inverters being throw aways I don't believe it. I have both a syncrowave 180 and a dynasty dx and like them both. Either would serve you well for your stated tasks but .. if you can swing it my vote goes...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Harold
    replied to tungsten choice for 200dx
    1.5% Lanthea is highly recommend for the 200 DX 2% for the 300 DX
    Harold
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Andy

Can't imagine getting in trouble for that but... then again what do I know. Have read about that myself on a few other boards. For what it's worth I'm just a rank hobbiest but love my 625; especially after Rocky D drove up here and spent an afternoon showing me the ins and outs of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X