No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
15 results in 0.0046 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• Hey...thanks for the offer. Actually I'm in San Jose, so that's a little far for the both of us! It was 'purchaced' new from 'cyberweld.com' (no tax and a great price...relatively). Yes, the only time the proble has showed itself to date is at one specific site, however with two different power scourses....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Well, it didn't do it today. I tried at leadt six local miller distributors and equip rentals and nobody has dynasties or syncrowaves. Though, I did find a local distributor that will look at it and fix it the same day...if the parts are in stock...he says the PC board is what usually goes on that...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sniper4848
    started a topic Dynasty 300DX: HELP 2 message

Dynasty 300DX: HELP 2 message

Hey Andy, or anyone who might have a clue of what's going on:

This has happened to me several times...I get all set up to do som semi-heave aluminum welding (200-230 amps) and the machine gives me a thermal overload help message. One time it was sitting in the sun for a couple hours...
    See more | Go to post

• Sniper4848
    started a topic To Kevin Disney

To Kevin Disney

Hey Kevin, I'm the one that you had sent the welding tables to and had trouble viewing them. I've got a new computer now and I was just asked to to see if I could get that information again by another user on this forum. I hope this reaches you in a timely manner. Thanks. Andrew
    See more | Go to post

• Sniper4848
    replied to Filler Rods
    that might be helpful if you would email me those NASA tables. My email address is [email protected] Title it something obvious...I have a lot of spam. Thanks a bunch, Andrew
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sniper4848
    started a topic Filler Rods

Filler Rods

What's the best way to match the filler rod with base material? Does AWS put out any referencing information? I've got an idea of what to put on aluminum, but what about all the stainless parts out there? And what does that 'low fuming bronse' go on - die-cast materials? Not that I'll be welding...
    See more | Go to post

• Sniper4848
    replied to Another tungsten question
    I was just given a whole bunch of 2% Thoriated 1/8" electrodes, how do they run on alum/magnesium? Or are they just good for steel/stainless? Andrew
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sniper4848
    replied to Miller Dynasty
    To my understanding, the application is only in AC TIG mode. Te inverter units can change the AC waveshape (frequency to be exact). The more time the arc is traveling from the tungsten to the work (EN-'electrode neg.'), where heat is being put into the work. The other side of the wave is the EP P=pos;...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sniper4848
    started a topic How 'bout primary power?

How 'bout primary power?

I forgot to ask: Right now my welder is plugged into a single phase 220 circut. I have an 8 Ga 3-conductor primary line (recomended). However, I have three phase in my shop, I just don't know what voltage...so, what's the best way to hook up? On the 3 phase outlets the voltages read 1-120, 2-120,...
    See more | Go to post

• Sniper4848
    started a topic Another tungsten question

Another tungsten question

Well, I finally got my Dynasty DX. Now I have to figure it all out. My question pertains to what electrode types are suited for each job. I am mostly welding thin (22ga)stainless exhaust systems and .032-.125" aluminum sheet metal. However I would like to have all necessesary types of tungsten...
    See more | Go to post

• Sniper4848
    started a topic Old Tig machine

Old Tig machine

I found one!!! A few year old syncrowave 350 was waved under my nose. The question I have is how to tell old features of the machine...the guy is a little hard to get in touch with. Heres a picture if anyone can recognise which dials might be missing. Thanks for your help, Andrew:...
    See more | Go to post

• Sniper4848
    replied to Which TIG Machine???
    Thanks for all the great answers! No, I havent done aluminum work with a pointed electrode, as I only have a very old 100 amp DC unit. I had a Syncrowave 350 on ebay(4 years old) complete going for $1750 but someone snatched it out from under me at the last 30 seconds! What a bummer. And unfortunately...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sniper4848
    Actually, I have been looking at the dynasty, though the heafty price pushes me away (I really want it!!!) On a separate subject, I have always used a pointed electrode, when wouldn't you? I've never heard of that! (using a non-pionted tungsten), please explain.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sniper4848
    Well, I do need slightly highter amperage to do aluminum (as it takes more) because I'm doing things like cracks in cylinder heads (sm of which are almost a half inch thick. As for needing 400 amps...well I don't think so. The power consumption I couldn't care less (it's the shop's power bill and...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sniper4848
    started a topic Which TIG Machine???

Which TIG Machine???

Hey Andy...I'm a few year experienced welder (ten w/stick 5 w/ MIG and 3 w/ TIG) and looking to get certified to weld aircraft parts. This is a two part question...one- who, if anybody, would you recomend to go to for certification? Second- Im also looking to have my shop buy a good TIG welder (I...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X