Collapse
500 results in 0.2409 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• ASKANDY
    replied to Aluminium tig problems
    If you have a multimeter, you could check a couple things.
    What is the "open circuit voltage"? This is checked with the HF switch in OFF. Put your leads across the output studs and step on the pedal.
    That machine should have digital meters. Make sure the voltage on the multimeter...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to Wire not feeding right
    LOL
    I troll here once in awhile!:-)
    Been covered up doing content development but still love the forum!...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to Electrical Question
    For most home garages I'd say use it on single phase 50 or 60 amp. Just drop the red lead in the power cord. The white & black will be your hot 240 volt and the green will be ground.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to Wire not feeding right
    Release the drove roll tension lever.
    Pull the wire through the gun manually from the tip. If you encounter resistance you may have a bad roll of wire.
    Check the wire roll to make sure the wire is spooling off the TOP row. A lot of times these spools are wound wrong and the wire will start...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I would have to agree... I have never had good luck running that thin of wire through a 15' lead. 12' max for me on 023-024. The 023 experiences too much spring-back from coiling in the liner and then it sticks the tip and bird-nests at the drive roll.
    The other issue with high wire drive feed...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• This machine is made by Miller Europe. You'll have to contact them. Miller USA doesn't have any schematic diagrams or parts support for this machine.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to dynasty 280 vs syncoware 350n
    Yes. We welded those heads at less than 280 amps and the seat area was less than 200... No preheat.
    You will be happy with the arc control and by setting the balance up to 73 and higher, there is less heat on the tungsten/torch head so smaller torches work better. Also, turning the output frequency...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to dynasty 280 vs syncoware 350n
    The Dynasty arc is much more focused and therefore puts more heat into a smaller, tighter area which means you can weld thicker material with less power. Putting it another way, a Dynasty 280 will out-weld your Syncrowave 350
    Here's a good video that might explain this for you.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to Dynasty 200 DX - Convince me!
    Dynasty 200. Welcome to the site

Yes, the Miller home office is in Appleton, Wi
    It has about a million sq ft of manufacturing.
    There are also a number of manufacturing business units surrounding the Appleton area. The TIG products are in a town called Greenville, next to...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to XMT corrosion- Is this normal?
    Normal normal normal

This is totally normal and is the way it left the factory.
    Each strand of those wires are insulated and have to be burnt off while crimping to get a solid connection.
    This type of wire is used in the higher frequency, current carrying areas of the inverters....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to Chinese Welders
    Round and round

Yea, I can see this going round and round.

When the banter starts to outweigh the useful information, it's time to close and move on.

Thanks,
    Andy
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to TB with broken crank
    Miller service

Call our service line @ 920-735-4505, press 3 and ask the service operator to speak with Dave Johnson in engine drive service.

I spoke with Chris, the manager, and he assured me that your machine is still under warranty and Miller would cover the issue as...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ASKANDY; 03-26-2012, 02:43 PM.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to orange tungsten now gray ?
    Yes.
    The AWS and ISO were different color codes until this year.

The American system needed to get in-line with international standards.
    Makes selling stuff over "there" much easier.

A-
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to orange tungsten now gray ?
    New color

Yes, the color band has changed.

Last year it was announced that the Ceriated color was changing from orange to gray.
    You will start to see companies changing to the new color this year as they deplete the orange stock.

These color changes...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by ASKANDY; 03-22-2012, 09:18 AM.

Leave a comment:

• ASKANDY
    replied to Syncrowave 500 on its side?
    That beast was not meant to be "shipped" on it's side however, if you lay it down gently and slide it in that soft sprung station wagon, it should be just fine for a short trip.

Andy
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X