Collapse
37 results in 0.0101 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• 10secBu
    replied to MM251 and thin sheetmetal
    .023 wire, .023 drive rolls, even replaced the liner with a .023 specific, obviously .023 contact tip.

Yes, the pop, pop, pop, crackle is what I was experiencing.

Here soon I may stop by the local Miller dealer and see about if they take trade ins. If not, I'll probably...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    started a topic MM251 and thin sheetmetal

MM251 and thin sheetmetal

Hello all,

I have a Millermatic 251 that I can't seem to get to weld sheetmetal very well.

I've done auto restoration for years, also do drag car chassis fabrication and welding currently and have done tons of sheetmetal welding over the years. For some reason, I cannot...
    See more | Go to post

• 10secBu
    replied to TIG & Body Panels
    I do alot of restoration body type work. I think Tig is gonna be a big headache for trying to do sheetmetal work on a car. It's just impossible to get ALL the welded areas clean enough to let the Tig work. Mig is much better suited to "burn through" surface contamination, paint, E-coat, seam...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    replied to Gauge Sheet Metal
    I do restoration work on older 60's era cars and most of the bodies on them are 20 gauge. I'd guess that NASCAR bodies are in the 22 to 24 gauge range.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    replied to Tubing
    Tubing

Where are you located?

Dillsburg Aeroplane works in Dillsburg, PA has the largest inventory & best pricing I've found on 4130 chromoly tubing. They may also do DOM mild steel as well.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    replied to welding oil pump pickup
    That's good information. I'm using a Lincoln Squarewave 175 Pro machine which has almost no adjustments other than amperage and your polarity switch. Do you remember what amperage you used at Moroso?...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    replied to welding oil pump pickup
    brazing

Well, that would have worked, but I just returned my Oxy/acetylene bottles a couple months ago. Got tired of paying the yearly rental fee for the little use they saw. That's why I was lookng at the silicon/bronze rod for Tig.

Can you braze with a small propane...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    started a topic welding oil pump pickup

welding oil pump pickup

Need to weld a mild steel pickup tube to a cast iron oil pump body. This is for a GM big block chevy oil pump.

In the past, I just used an ER70S-6 1/16" filler rod. I'm a bit concerned about the heat input needed for welding, even though I do remove the bypass spring & plunger....
    See more | Go to post

• 10secBu
    replied to Hey Andy
    bring it back ttt
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    replied to steel vs aluminum
    The whole idea of the aluminum ramps is to save weight. I do have to pick these things up and move them every time I load and unload a car. I did design and build the steel ones and they work fine, just heavy. No signs of bending or bowing from use. I did have to use a torch to flame straighten the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    big correction needed

Cripes did I screw up. The ramps need to support 2000 lbs for the pair, not 2000 lbs each. They need to support 1000 lbs each.

How does this new info change the aluminum 2" tube wall thickness/diamond plate sheet thickness requirements???
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    The ramps have to be dead flat. They slide into storage holes which are 12 1/2" wide and 2 1/2" high.

What do you mean about the spray arc? I would be Tig welding the ramps together....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    started a topic steel vs aluminum

steel vs aluminum

Been thinking about the possibility of building a second set of ramps for the car trailer I built a while ago. The current ramps are 12" wide and 60" long. There made of steel box tube which is 2" square and either .083" or .090" wall tube (forget which I used) ...tops covered...
    See more | Go to post

• 10secBu
    replied to Hey Andy
    resent 8/24/04 @ 10:00 pm.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• 10secBu
    started a topic Hey Andy

Hey Andy

Hey Andy,

Did you get my e-mail from a few days ago? In reference to the banner.

thanks
    Todd
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X