22 results in 0.0053 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• sapper
    replied to My workbench... with a bit extra
    I am in Cold Lake, Alberta.

I hate when using a vise that a bench follows you but with the bench grounded (air bags deflated) it doesn't move an inch. I got the air bags from a vehicle leveling kit that was missing pieces for $20 with lines and fittings.

The recievers...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    started a topic My workbench... with a bit extra

My workbench... with a bit extra

I thought I would share my all new bench. I still need to take everything off and paint it and there are a few more details I would like to finish but It is nearly done. It is amazing how easy it is to work now that 90% of my tools are in one place.

See more | Go to post

• sapper
    replied to MM212/210 upgrades?
    No one else has ever upgraded their units at all or am I the only one with a small space to work from and like to have everything in place neatly?
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied to MM212/210 upgrades?
    Yeah I made the first cart from scrap and most of the stock mm175 cart. The only thing I like on the MM212 is the low bottle shelf but I don't like the low chain height. I think I am going to have to make something soon as it really bothers me in the current height configuration.

I...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    started a topic MM212/210 upgrades?

MM212/210 upgrades?

I went from this cart

to this

and this

I am just curious what others have done to make a frame for thier 210/212. I also don't like the plastic castors on it. I will have to do something soon. I hate my...
    See more | Go to post

• sapper
    started a topic Chop Saw table

Chop Saw table

Well I got around to finishing my chop saw table now I just need to finish my 3/8 welding table. I have been lucky to be able to scrounge most of my materials from scrap yards per pound rather than normal costs.

I got sick of using my chop saw on the ground. I also just picked up a...
    See more | Go to post

• sapper
    replied to Welding table pics
    Sounds like AR plate, "Abrasion Resistant". Looks good.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied to Portable wire feeder
    I have used both .035 and .045 with mine with great success. I have only run my from batteries so it is hard to judge current but I know it matches the 251 for performance (with flux core no shielding gas) right out of the box. I have been considering getting the Cold start switch and power supply...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied to Portable wire feeder
    Have any of you used the ReadywelderII? I have one and I love it. I run it from 2 12V batteries when needed in remote locations and I wasn't sure how it would perform until I used it the first time. I love it. 100% duty cycle as well is nice. I have been looking for one that is easier to connect...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I have a Pro-tools 105 and am just about to finish converting it over to full hydro. I have a full chassis in the works in the garage and I am having valve issues with the bender. I will try to let you know how it really is once I get the tubes bent.

See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied to Bench Grinder Stand
    I would add a little shelf above the cords just to prevent sparks from landing on them or the next time you go to use them you may get even more sparks without turning the grinder on.

I need to finish mine. I am putting many of my tools on slide out hitch trays to keep them on my bench....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied to Who sells a good tubing notcher?
    "Built by You"
    Xtreme Crawlers.com
    "Your Pro-Tools and Fabrication Dealer"
    Business# 918.607.3328 - Fax# 918.357.2710

Great to deal with. Give him a call for this and the bender.

Jay...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I agree they were a bit on the simple side of things.

I have found that I really enjoy the ideas I get from www.offroadfabnet.com There are some serious projects on the go there all the time as well as simple things that make life easier as well. I still check here every once and a while...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied to Welding Table
    I would buy a sheet of 4x8' 1/4" steel and put 4 legs under it with cross bracing then just weld a couple of jigs on the top for your corners.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• sapper
    replied to canadians?
    Another Canuck calling in...

Cold Lake, Alberta....

MM175 and a ReadyWelder for remote work.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X