Collapse
404 results in 0.1671 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• DSW
    replied to branding pot
    Thanks that makes it easier to see. I like the look of them and they certainly look sturdy. I didn't think that the wraps were just those little joint hiders that they use on metal fence pickets and such.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to branding pot
    I'd love to see a closer pict of the heads of the irons. Look different from the ones I usually see.

Nice looking heater for them BTW.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Terrifying workplace practices
    We used to use an electric strap heater to heat water for morter in the winter when I worked for a mason for a bit. Probably too hot to use direct, but on a small drunm of water it would work just fine. You could get the water temps up well avbove 100F easily in below freezing temps on a 55gal drum...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Nice angle grinder! PFERD
    Thanks, Always good to know about a quality product.

I always laugh at the guys who think I'm crazy for spending big money on tools like my grinders. They just buy the cheap HF stuff. Now don't get me wrong, I can see uses for those. (door stop come to mind first ) Their tools last...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Well....the new job has begone!
    Ha ha ha... From the title I thought you were going to gripe about changing jobs and then having them go belly up or something! That would have sucked. I think you mean "begun" as opposed to "be GONE". Glad to hear that you didn't have them tell you you were to beGONE by tomorrow....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Welding cart addition
    One thing to be aware of. You can kink the liner on the gun if you put to tight a bend on it at the front of the machine. The way the cart is set up with the gun lead running down the side like that then back up its posible to do this several ways.

I would try and slide the machine back...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Simple Question
    Ahhh.... That explains the poor trim position of most divers! They read the book that said they must keep their tanks in an upright position. And I thought that only applied to tray tables on aircraft. I'll have to pass this one on to my friend who is a dive instructor. He'll get a good laugh out...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Nice TIG Torch
    Depends. Some machines have a dedicated outlet that goes on and off with the welder, so if you plug in there the cooler will go on and off when you switch on the machine. However, most coolers have a switch on the unit itself, and you can just turn the cooler off and on if you don't have a dedicated...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Nice TIG Torch
    Thats the new dual purpose MIG/TIG torch. Also cuts down on gas usage.

My mig gun never looks that bad no matter how much I weld with no nozzel gel!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to welding table... just tacking?
    If you are not comfortable with your welds by all means attach it some other way until you feel you can.

A few thoughts on bolting it down. I would use machine screws and counter sink the heads myself, or drill and tap the top and run the bolts up from the bottom and grind the excess...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• X2 on a bubble check. It could be leaking where the nipple enters the reg, at the tank valve/nipple conection, or thru the reg itself, say a pin hole leak in the diaphram.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Hi and welcome to the site. I'll Pm you.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Newbie To The Forums
    Hello and welcome. I just saw a thread on this on another site. I'll look for it and pm a link for you.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Buying my First TiG
    Anytime, glad I could help.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• DSW
    replied to Blank blueprints :confused:
    I forget how many different layouts Autocad has. I used to use those regularly when doing my class architecture projects. Most blueprint shops and print centers can either load Autocad drawings or print ones from autocad. I used to go to a shop not too far from my house to get final projects printed,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X