No announcement yet.

Search Result

Collapse
33 results in 0.0168 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• I'd suggest that if you can't get back to material thick enough to hold a weld bead, you may be in more corrosion trouble than you thought. Typical frame section, even for unibody, is going to be on the order of 14 gauge as a minimum and if you can't get a bead on that without blowing through than...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Wetting yourself over an electric welder is probably not a good idea! What with high open circuit voltages and wet pants, you could end up with quite a tingle someplace where you'd rather not have it!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Does the school you attended not offer some sort of job placement assistance? I thought that most industrial trade schools, whether offered by union organizations or the community college schools provide some sort of assistance or a "foot in the door" for their graduates.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Since bending stiffness is a function of the cube of the thickness of the material, the 1/4" plate is about 2.37 times as stiff as the 3/16" plate. So, you should be able to bend about 4.25 feet of 1/4" plate and keep the loading on the brake about the same. However, as mentioned before,...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dobermann
    replied to New Welding Gas
    When I see mixtures in the "parts per million" range, I think contamination more than some mix with a purpose. Is the discussion seriously about "parts per million?" That's almost down to counting the molecules of oxygen and nitrous oxide to be found in your tank of the stuff....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Resistors "blow" because of severe over-current. You kinda need to find out why it blew. You might look around for blown fuses as well but that's not going tell you why things have become overloaded. A short would be a likely cause but that can be hard to track down. I suspect professional...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dobermann
    replied to Dynasty 200 help
    Just a point of curiosity: Why would somebody want/need to know what that heat sink compound is.? Does this suggest some sort of disassembly in progress? That might not be good news!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'm pretty disappointed in this discussion thread and a bit dismayed that the moderators let it degenerate into personal attacks. This forum is usually a bit more classy than the usual stuff you find on line.

It seems to me that the issue is that a person received a DOA welder and how...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Sort of depends on what you want to do with the welder. The old Linde should be pretty good at stick welding and DC TIG welding. I've not used one but I understand it does not offer any sort of AC balance which makes aluminum welding more challenging--although possible.

The Syncho 250...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• First of all, I doubt that a VFD is a solution for this problem. I've never seen a 20 HP capacity VFD that can run from a single phase input. Just sayin'

But I think we need to back up. What size is the single phase wire running to power the RPC? And how long is the run? What is the...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dobermann
    replied to Tig Welding Cylinder Heads
    Let me ask a stupid question: If you "ported" that head in place, where did the shavings from the rotary burr go? Into the engine? Yikes!!

If that's really what happened, then how to weld up the hole in the head is the very least of your worries. You'll have to pull the head...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dobermann
    replied to TIG Machine
    Just bought a Thermal Arc 201ST welder for about $1150 from an on-line store. It's DC only but the number of times I need to weld aluminum is small. It's a very, very nice package and it's ready to go except for a tank of argon and some TIG welding rod. TIG performance is excellent and the stick...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dobermann
    replied to The Dreaded COFFEE Shakes!
    Jeeezz! If coffee shakes can make me weld like that, then I gotta get me some of what you're using!! Beautiful stuff!

I'm a "used to be" private pilot who can't afford to fly at today's prices.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I'd say that you can probably teach yourself TIG....but

It'll be easier if you have had some experience with other forms of welding. It will be frustrating and expensive. You can expect to wreck a lot tungsten electrodes in the process. (You do have a way to grind tungstens don't you?)...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• Dobermann
    replied to Iim a weldor not a mechanic
    "Dry Gas" is not ethanol. The good stuff is isopropyl alcohol. The cheap stuff is methanol and should be avoided at all costs. I've had success with fixing water issues in gasoline with Dry Gas even though most of the gasolines available these days have 10% ethanol in them. You'd think...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X