Collapse
5 results in 0.0098 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• forstonc
    replied to tube bender
    Oh. I did not know about the rule of thumb, 6 times tube diameter. Well, I guess that shoots that idea, until I can come up with another idea. What about setting one up like a ring roller, you know, with 3 dies in sort of a pyramid? And if that kinks it, maybe even using 6 die, 2 at each point of...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• forstonc
    replied to tube bender
    Thanks James,
    I checked that link out, and that seems to be the cheapest and quickest way for me to try first. Also, thanks for the lead on where to get the drill rod. I'll have to post some pics once I finish it.
    Cody
    Thank you both for your suggestions!!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• forstonc
    replied to tube bender
    I would mostly be doing 1 1/2" and smaller, but may occasionally do up to 2".
    So you are saying that your radius tool could do that? I was worried about not being able to get it deep enough into the work before the back side would hit. If that would work, I would get one. I might...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• forstonc
    started a topic tube bender

tube bender

I am wanting to make a tube bender. I have a small 9x19 lathe that I can use to turn the tube rollers, but my question, how to cut the tube diameter from the raw stock? I've seen the radius turning tools that you can buy/make, but these are for turning ball radius or external radius, I don't think...
    See more | Go to post

• forstonc
    replied to Upcoming Project Challenge
    I just registered, so I am now ready. I am very excited about the contest. I wish I had known about this site before. I love to weld. This will give me the perfect excuse to put a little extra time in, out in the barn and get my creative thinking wheels to turning. Thank you Miller for putting...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

Working...
X