Collapse
34 results in 0.0196 seconds.
Keywords
Members
Tags
  •  

• derrickd
    replied to Dynasty 210dx error code
    If he was paying attention, instead of just B****ing, he'd realize I already answered his fan question on his other post. The fan hasn't changed. I wish he would have told me what was wrong with it before I took it to the shop, I would have just told Miller to send me a couple of those pesky pc5 boards...
    See more | Go to post
    Last edited by derrickd; 05-20-2016, 11:08 PM.

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    I got a new MM252 to replace the invertor powered MIG. It's transformer..... If it goes tits up, I'm giving up and using J-B weld to join metal from now on.....
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    That's kinda funny, and incredibly accurate, lol.
    Sorry Ryan, wasn't trying to be dismissive. I agree, strange coincidence for sure.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    I certainly have thought about my power source, but nothing else on my property has any issues, including a VFD on the lathe. It all comes from the same transformer on the pole so I've kind of ruled it out.
    The first Thermal arc mig blew the invertor power supply board when a shorted nozzle...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    That's what they said. Some kind of overload on a board. I swear I'm cursed. It died the second time I turned it on. That's the 3rd invertor powered machine I've owned that didn't make it 1 year from new without an issue, and I barely use them.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    Called them as soon as they opened this morning. That particular code is internal to the machine. It's in the shop as we speak.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    started a topic Dynasty 210dx error code

Dynasty 210dx error code

Anybody know what error code 1.4.3 is? Machine welds for 2 seconds, arc gets rough and quits, then code sets. I'm starting to think I just wasn't born to own an invertor welder.......
    See more | Go to post

• What brand of plug did you put on it? I put a Cooper, which is a common brand, on mine. It has a minimum spec wire size of 10ga for the connections to fully tighten down. I had to double the stripped 12ga wires of the 210dx back on them selves to get a secure connection. I can see how it would be very...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    replied to The nuts and bolts.
    Torque-to-yield and torque-to-angle are not the same thing. I have seen many head bolt applications where TTA bolts are stated in factory service manuals as re-usable.
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• I tried out mine for the first time last night. My fan comes on quiet after about 5 min of idle time, and runs for a minute or two, and then shuts off and repeats. It comes on louder if I weld, but shuts off again after a bit. Our 280dx at work seems to spend more time on. Maybe it depends on the ambient...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    replied to Used 280dx problems
    Hey guys, just an update. My 210dx arrived today, and I thoroughly read the manual. I'm %99 certain all the settings on the used 280 were correct. Bottom line, my new 210dx will also light a stable arc at around 11a with a 3/32 tungsten, and still go down from there. I still have no idea what was...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• It took some persistent complaining, but the machines are hopefully just a bad memory. I got a credit for the T/A186, and my local distributor has a check in the pipeline for the T/A 252i. I picked up a MM252 last night from my LWS, and it welds nice like I expected it to. It doesn't have all the bells...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    replied to Dynasty 210dx power plug
    Idk why, but I had it in my head that since it was single phase 110 compatible, it would have the MVP on it, even though we had to put 3-phase plugs on our 350p, 280dx, and CST 280 at work. They came bare cord, the same as the 210dx will. It should be here Saturday, I guess I better snag a 6-50p if...
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    replied to Dynasty 210dx power plug
    Ok, that's easy enough, just not what I was expecting. Thanks!
    See more | Go to post

Leave a comment:

• derrickd
    started a topic Dynasty 210dx power plug

Dynasty 210dx power plug

I'm getting ready to order a 210dx, and the specs say it has an 8' cord, but no plug. Since it's dual 110-220v, I was expecting it to have a twist lock and different plugs to put on the end, I believe a diversion I saw once was that way.
    Will I have to hard wire a plug on the end, and then...
    See more | Go to post
Working...
X